Direct Registration with ZOOM for Webinars and Meetings

• Matt Hankosky
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 day ago #133809 by Matt Hankosky
Zoom has an API available to inject registrations. Here is the sample PHP code to register some.
Code:
<?php $request = new HttpRequest(); $request->setUrl('https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/MEETING ID HERE/registrants'); $request->setMethod(HTTP_METH_POST); $request->setHeaders(array( 'authorization' => 'Bearer JWT TOKEN HERE', 'content-type' => 'application/json' )); $request->setBody('{"email":"myemail@mycompany.com","first_name":"Mike","last_name":"Brown","address":"123 Main ST","city":"San Jose","country":"US","zip":"95550","state":"CA","phone":"111-444-4444","industry":"Tech","org":"IT","job_title":"DA","purchasing_time_frame":"More Than 6 Months","role_in_purchase_process":"Influencer","no_of_employees":"1-20","comments":"Excited to host you.","custom_questions":[{"title":"Favorite thing about Zoom","value":"Meet Happy"}]}'); try { $response = $request->send(); echo $response->getBody(); } catch (HttpException $ex) { echo $ex; }

More information about this API can be found here -> marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/z...tingregistrantcreate

To get a JWT Token for the API -> marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/getting-...types/create-jwt-app

This will be helpful as our attendees can just single click Register on our Joomla Website and it would back end register them for the webinar without having them fill out their information again on Zoom's register page.

The fields that are only relevant for me would be = Email, First Name, Last Name, Org
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geoffrey Smith, George, Livius Chebeleu, Annamarie Hessman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 day ago #133816 by Geoffrey Smith
Replied by Geoffrey Smith on topic Direct Registration with ZOOM for Webinars and Meetings
This would be a very useful and powerful enhancement to EB, hope we can have it soon....

all we have is just this breath

• Matt Hankosky
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #133954 by Matt Hankosky
@Tuan Pham Ngoc,

I would be willing to even pay for some of the develop costs for this functionality.

More
3 years 11 months ago #133955 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Direct Registration with ZOOM for Webinars and Meetings
Anyone else willing to share the cost of the development?

@Matt : Submit a support ticket and we will discuss further about it. Some how, you will need to get JWT Token from your account and send it to me so that we can try to test it together. This development should not cost much, around 100$ should be OK. But let's not worry about it for now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Livius Chebeleu

More
3 years 11 months ago #133974 by Geoffrey Smith
Replied by Geoffrey Smith on topic Direct Registration with ZOOM for Webinars and Meetings
I am up for making a contribution for this functionality.

More
3 years 11 months ago #134065 by Livius Chebeleu
Replied by Livius Chebeleu on topic Direct Registration with ZOOM for Webinars and Meetings
To clarify, when a user registers for an event, the registration process will also register the user for a predefined Zoom meeting and send them an email with login credentials?

If so, I'm willing to contribute dev funds as well.

Best/Livius

More
3 years 11 months ago #134096 by Livius Chebeleu
Replied by Livius Chebeleu on topic Direct Registration with ZOOM for Webinars and Meetings
There's a similar thread that we can include in this discussion here .

Tuan,

As I mentioned in the other thread, It would be great to develop a rough outline of the proposed workflow from you and your team after you've compared Zoom's API with the needs of what's been expressed in these threads.

My thoughts are that there should be some flexibility in your implementation that allows for:
  • Different pricing for Onsite vs Online meetings. (Post COVID-19 environment)
  • Ability to differentiate weather customer will be attending Onsite or Online
  • Ability to prevent Online credentials from being sent to customers registering for Onsite. Maybe an option toggle for this functionality.

These are just a few thoughts. Would love to hear other ideas and feedback.

Regards/Livius

• Matt Hankosky
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #134223 by Matt Hankosky
I am working on a version of it. This plugin will add basic zoom webinar functionality to EB. First you will have to go into the plugin config and enter the ZOOM JWT id. Then on the Event screen in admin, there is a new tab for Zoom Webinar ID.

The plugin is set to on payment success to send the information (first name, last name, and email) to zoom's api. Zoom right now will send an email also to the registrant with the join url.

Future plan: Store Response from Zoom with individuals join url into EB, then send it to the user in the email.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Matt Hankosky.

More
3 years 11 months ago #134233 by Geoffrey Smith
I am happy to be a test pilot for your plugin

More
3 years 11 months ago #134236 by Livius Chebeleu
I would be happy to test as well. Regards/Livius

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc