custom field in Upcomming events - Timeline layout

• Franz Kaiser
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #118627 by Franz Kaiser
Hide input fields in the frontend mask was created by Franz Kaiser
Hello,

I do not want to display some fields in the input mask in the frontend. In which template template can I hide these fields?

LG Franz Kaiser

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #118632 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Hide input fields in the frontend mask
Hi Franz

Your question is not very clear to me. Could you please send us the link to the page and explains the change you want so that we can understand your question and guide you?

Tuan

• Franz Kaiser
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #120275 by Franz Kaiser
Replied by Franz Kaiser on topic Hide input fields in the frontend mask
Hello

sorry for the late reply to your question.
Here is the link to the page. www.muerzzuschlag.at/at/freizeit/veranstaltungen.html

For maintenance in the frontend, we want to hide some input fields. For example, the field Start date of the registration should not be displayed.
On the one hand, input fields should be hidden and on the other hand, two tab fields should be hidden.
How can we solve this, that individual fields will not be displayed? In the appendix I attached a picture with the fields we do not want to show.

Second, we want to add a field in the "Basic Information" start screen. Can we solve this ourselves?

Best regards
Franz

More
5 years 3 months ago #120276 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Franz

Look like you want to hide some fields when event is added/edited in the frontend? Could you please send us screenshot of the page and show us the fields you want to remove so that we can look at it and guide you further?

Tuan

• Franz Kaiser
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #120544 by Franz Kaiser
Hello,

Enclosed I send you three screenshots with the desire to change. I marked the changes with a red bar. Unfortunately, I only have the German translation, I hope you can still work with it.

Greetings and thanks, Franz Kaiser
Attachments:

More
5 years 3 months ago #120566 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Franz

In this case, you will have to edit code in some files. Look at components/com_eventbooking/themes/default/event/form.php and start making the changes until it works as you want
The other option is change the submit event menu item to use Submit Event - Simple Layout . It's much simpler layout and most of the fields on that form can be configured to be hided/shown if needed.

Tuan

More
5 years 3 months ago #120567 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
In case you use Simple Layout option, you can go to Events Booking -> Configuration, look at Submit Event Form Fields tab and change settings to hide the fields you don't want

Regards,

Tuan

• Franz Kaiser
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #120646 by Franz Kaiser
Hello,

thank you for the information. Unfortunately I expressed myself wrong. I need to hide the input fields for the frontend maintenance. My employees maintain the events via the frontend. All employees who carry out the maintenance of the events via the frontend should be suppressed from the input fields listed. I've tried the CSS, it does not work. I would try it over the XML file, unfortunately I can not find the appropriate XML file. Since I have two groups to fill in the frontend, I would prefer a program technical solution. If this is not possible, the solution with the XML file will have to be used.

Thank you very much for the help, Franz Kaiser

More
5 years 3 months ago #120650 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Franz

For that, you will need to customize the code to remove the fields you don't want. Starts with components/com_eventbooking/themes/default/event/form.php and look at other files like components/com_eventbooking/themes/default/event/form_general.php... and you should be able to do the change you need

Regards,

Tuan

• Franz Kaiser
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #122188 by Franz Kaiser
Replied by Franz Kaiser on topic custom field in Upcomming events - Timeline layout
Hello,

Thanks for the help, I got it.

Now I need a custom field in Upcomming events - Timeline layout.
We want to insert additional information (organizer) here. I have created a field (VK_2.jpg) and it can be filled via the frontend. The field will be shown in the details (VK_3.jpg) but not on the introductory page (VK.jpg). How can I add an additional field on the introductory page? In which index.php do I have to insert it?

LG Franz Kaiser
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Franz Kaiser.