Today, I am happy to announce new version of Events Booking 4.4.1 with the following improvements and some small bugs fixes:
1. Export Registrants Improvements
- Support Export Templates while exporting registrants from frontend registrants management
- Add options to allow exporting more fields: Tax Rate, Language.
2. Custom Fees Improvement
- If you are using custom fee fields and want to show fee value associated with each custom fields (usually in invoice or in email messages), it is now possible. Just use the syntax [NAME_OF_FIELD_FEE_VALUE] . For example, if name of custom field is ticket_type, then you can use tag [TICKET_TYPE_FEE_VALUE]
3. Change Show Children Events Behavior
- Before this release, if you have Show Children Events In Parent Event Detail Page config option set to Yes, children events won't be shown on events list page (via menu items or in upcoming events module). From this release, whether children events show on events list or not is independent with the mentioned config option. It will be controlled by Hide Children Events parameter in the menu item or by Show Children Events parameter in upcoming events module (so the parameters will always be respected now)
4. CSS Class Mapping
If you want to replace certain css class used by Events Booking by a different css class (comes from your template), you can now go to Events Booking -> Configuration, look at CCS Class Mapping tab, add the mapping (Original Css Class -> New Css Class) and it will work as you want. You won't have to edit code to change css class anymore, just add the mapping you need when it is needed
5. PHP 8.2 Compatible
- Work done to make the extension fully compatible with PHP 8
- We also spent time to improve code quality of the extension with the help of the excellent tools from PHP community like PHP CS Fixer and Rector.
6. Other Small Improvements - Added setting to allow control number of records displayed on Public Registrants List
- Support WebP images format for categories and events
- Support showon behavior for event custom fields
- Allow setup separate Agendas and Speakers for children events if required (supported by new parameters in these plugins)
7. Bugs Fixes
- Fixed small bugs in payment processing library for PayFast and BluePay payment gateway
- Do not add waiting list users to ACYMailing Lists
- Make sure full calendar uses right language.
- Receive Confirmation Email feature in custom field is now also working with waiting list
Please update your site to this latest version of Events Booking to use these improvements and have these small bugs fixed. Thanks for continue using our products and support our development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alison, Sunil
I know you been talking about having a minimum PHP level of 7.4 and I am currently stuck at 7.3, does release 4.4.1 require 7.4 PHP? I don't want to installed the update and break your application due to a to old PHP version.
Version 4.4.1 still works well with PHP 7.2.0+, so you can install it. When there is new version release, feel free to update. We have check in the code so that if the requirement does not meet, it won't be updated/installed, so nothing will break your site. Don't worry
But not sure why you cannot update to PHP 7.4. It should be safe to update from 7.3 to 7.4, just ask your hosting provider do that for you
Thanks for the update. I am currently stuck on PHP 7.3 due to my ecommerce platform which is Prestashop. They have been really bad with keeping up on their requirements on PHP. So if I raise my PHP level above 7.3 it breaks 3 ecommerce systems I run. SO unfortunately I stuck right now because of Go Daddy is not allowing me to have 2 PHP levels on my hosting service at once so I have to find a way to build out a newer version of my Prestashop which require higher PHP to configure and migrate but if I do that I break my currently running versions and lose sales.
Working on a plan, but thank you again letting me know I can upgrade your application release.
OK Kevin. I will try to keep support for PHP below than 7.4 some more times. Use PHP 7.4 will allow me to update the extension to use latest version of some libraries which it depends on, and also allows me to write more modern code. But I could wait for some more time before actual doing that
(From our records, only few customers are using PHP 7.3 and below, most are on PHP 7.4 and PHP 8 now)