• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 7 months ago #116546 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Events Booking 3.7.0 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Events Booking, version 3.7.0 with the following nice improvements:

1. Implement Theme mechanism

By introducing theme support, in the future, we (and third party developers) can develop new themes with new layouts, styling... for Events Booking. Current layout files are included in default theme and can be found at com_eventbooking/themes/default folder.

2. Support custom date format for date picker

Before this version, when you add new event for example and select the date in date picker, the date format is always hardcoded to Y-m-d and could not be changed. From version 3.7.0, we add a new config option called Date Picker Format, you can choose the date format you want to use and it will be used for the date picker to enter event date, event end date, registration date filter....Much user friendly than before.

3. Added Events Booking - Gallery plugin

With this plugin, you can easily add and display images gallery for your event if needed. Thumbnail images will be displayed, you can click on thumbnail image to view large image and navigate to next, previous image

4. Allow choosing position for plugins output on event details page

If you use plugins such as Speakers, Agendas, Sponsors, Gallery, Google Map..., you can choose where you want the output of these plugins displayed:

- Before register buttons (displayed in horizontal layout)
- After register buttons (Displayed in tab)

Just edit these plugins, change Output Position parameter to meet your need. Also, with this change, you can also change ordering of agendas, speakers, sponsors on event details page by change ordering of these plugins (the output was hardcoded before)

5. Allow setting up cron jobs to send reminder emails

By default, Events Booking use system plugins to send reminder and deposit payment reminder emails to your registrants. This approach has some small limitations:

- It requires there are users access to your site to have reminder emails sent
- The time reminder emails are sent not fixed (it depends on the time there are users access to your site)

From this version, the system shipped with two CLI Applications (will be installed to cli folder on your site). If you want to send reminder emails in more reliable way (fixed time at the day and not depend on users access to your site), you can setup cron job to run these cli applications. You just need to setup cron jobs to run the php code, for example:

/usr/bin/php /path/to/site/cli/ebreminder.php
/usr/bin/php /path/to/site/cli/ebdepositreminder.php

(/path/to/site/ is path to root folder of your site, /usr/bin/php is command line to run PHP code). You can contact your hosting provider and ask them how to setup cron job to run a PHP file if needed)

6. Performance improvement

We optimized code in the extension (especially routing code) and the result is Events Booking is now running faster (especially on events list page). If you don't need to have edit/publish/unpublish/export registrants feature on events list and event detail page, you can go to Events Booking -> Configuration, set Show actions (edit, publish, export) buttons config option to Yes to have the page even load faster

7. Other improvements

- Show download link instead of just filename for file upload custom field (if it's displayed on registrants list page). It allows quick and easily download files
- Improve radius search: You can now choose to search for distance by Km or by Mile
- Improve registration history page: Show Name of registrants, and event is linked directly to event details page
- Improve custom fee fields: You can now use Fee Formula for Fee Values of custom fee field (Checkboxes, Radio, Select custom fee field field type)
- Some other code optimization

8. Bugs fixes

- Fixed javascript error cause capacity not validated on shopping cart

Please update your site to this latest version of Events Booking to use these nice improvements and bugs fixes. Thanks for continue using our products and support our development

Regards,

Tuan
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric Lamy, Alison, STEPHAN HERBY

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #116551 by Andrea
Replied by Andrea on topic Events Booking 3.7.0 released
Tuan, a big applause to you and the team all for keeping to improve this great extension. Question: is the MailChimp fix included in this update ? I want to make sure I do not overwrite your mods on my site, by applying this update - thanks for confirming.

Regards AG

Visit my page! www.elementotango.it

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 7 months ago #116553 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking 3.7.0 released
Hi Andrea

Yes. It's included, too. I also just made small fixes to the custom date picker format option (Use custom date format like m-d-Y for selecting event date...), so if you downloaded the package before, please re-download it

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrea

More
5 years 7 months ago #116555 by Andrea
Replied by Andrea on topic Events Booking 3.7.0 released
Perfect! Thank-you. Downloading now.
regards AG

Visit my page! www.elementotango.it

More
5 years 7 months ago #116586 by teddirez
Replied by teddirez on topic Events Booking 3.7.0 released
Nice work on the update, love the theme work especially. Any update on the event_link issue?
www.joomdonation.com/forum/events-bookin...1-email-tag-bug.html

More
5 years 7 months ago #116589 by STEPHAN HERBY
Replied by STEPHAN HERBY on topic Events Booking 3.7.0 released
Hi Tuan, Great job ! I specially apreciate the Cron Job and the theme support features, you rocks !

Stephan Herby
Joomla Webmaster

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 7 months ago #116593 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
@teddirez: Forgot to check [EVENT_LINK] issue. Will check and get it sorted ASAP (should be soon)

@All: Thanks for encourage words. I will keep working hard to improve the products, make it better from time to time

Regards,

Tuan

More
5 years 7 months ago #116624 by Eric Lamy
Replied by Eric Lamy on topic Events Booking 3.7.0 released
Hi Tuan,

Thx for this new version, a great one for sure ! As usual I've made the french version of the change log : www.agerix.fr/event-booking/events-booking-3-7-0-released
Have a nice day !

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 7 months ago #116625 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great. Thanks Eric for translating the change logs to French, much appreciated

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #116626 by Alison
Replied by Alison on topic Events Booking 3.7.0 released
Thanks Tuan, more great improvements.

Once question...

When I export registrants the event date exports as I have set it, i.e Thu 23 Aug 2018

But, when I export events the date exports as the system is set up, i.e. 2018-09-19 09:30:00

I was hoping your new date picker would affect this, but it has not.
Can all exports be set to match the configurations settings?
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Alison. Reason: correcting typo