• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #82377 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Events Booking version 2.7.0 - 2.7.1 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Events Booking, version 2.7.0. This version contains two important improvements below :

1. Allow collecting members Information on shopping cart mode

This is a long waited feature of customers using shopping cart feature. In older version, when you activate shopping cart feature, your registrants can register for multiple events within one checkout but they are not allowed to enter information of members for each event. Finally, I have time to address this limitation. Now, if you are using shopping cart feature and want to collect members information (much like group registration), you just need to go to Events Booking -> Configuration, find the config option Collect members information in shopping cart and set it to Yes to use this feature

2. Display children events under parent event

This is another important change and very useful (I think) if you are using recurring events. Basically, if you create recurring event, the system will create multiple events. Most of the information of these events are the same, the only difference is event date. Version 2.7.0 added a new config option called Show children events date under parent events. If you set this config option to Yes, the system won't display children events in the event list. When you access to a parent event, the system will display all available dates/locations under event description. Then you can simply register for the date you want. See this screenshot drive.google.com/file/d/0B2RoJ_24efMQNl9qek0xb3dwd2c/view and you will understand the logic behind this. I think it will easier for your registrants to register for the event they want in this case instead of browsing and find event from a long list of events

That's the only change in this new version. I think it is useful, so I just go ahead to make this new release and will add other promised feature into later 2.7.x series.

If you want to use these two new improvements, please download latest version, upgrade it to your site.

Thanks for continue using our product and support our development

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buzzy, Brian F, Fred Pouillot, TIMEmSYSTEM, Robert McLellan, Göran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #82387 by Tim Stöhr
Replied by Tim Stöhr on topic Events Booking version 2.7.0 released
You are on fire now... a lot earlier release than I expected... I will wait with updating to the new version though still.

More
7 years 9 months ago #82515 by Martin Glenz
Replied by Martin Glenz on topic Events Booking version 2.7.0 released
Hi,

a little question: earlier you talked about a ticket feature as pdf with optional QR-code. Are you still on that?
A ticket feature would be great :-) and you anounced it for 2.7.0 in an earlier releasepost.

with best regards,
Martin

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago #82520 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 2.7.0 released
Hi Martin

Yes. It is still in my to do list, but it will be delayed abit. It will be added to the extension later in 2.7.x series

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 9 months ago #82625 by Fred Pouillot
Replied by Fred Pouillot on topic Events Booking version 2.7.0 released
Thanks Tuan, I think the Children/Parent events fonctionnality will help us a lot to delete duplicate content stuff which happened a lot with event details being on different url (this is a SEO thing and this is bad). Will try this and make a return ASAP. Thanks again !

More
7 years 9 months ago #82684 by Robin Duckett
Replied by Robin Duckett on topic Events Booking version 2.7.0 released
Hi Tuan,
It is great that you are developing this component so responsively. Have you yet implemented the feature in Registrants display in the backend which allows us to have a column of notes, and to see them quickly in the summary? We're currently using v2.5.

Cheers, Robin

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #83203 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic small bug fix to correct a typo
This is small and nit-picky, but I just noticing that in Category View, if there are 0 events in the category (AND config is set to show categories with no events AND show number of events), the text that displays is "0 event" when it should be "0 events" for proper English usage. The text should only be singular for "1 Event".

The problem is in the code of /view/common/tmpl/categories.php around line 39 (use of "> 1" instead of "!= 1")
Code:
<?php echo $category->total_events ;?> <?php echo $category->total_events > 1 ? JText::_('EB_EVENTS') : JText::_('EB_EVENT') ; ?>
should be
Code:
<?php echo $category->total_events ;?> <?php echo $category->total_events != 1 ? JText::_('EB_EVENTS') : JText::_('EB_EVENT') ; ?>

I wouldn't have bothered to point it out, but since it's only a 2-character change in the code to fix... well :)
If however this causes problems for other languages where 0 should be coupled with a singular noun, then applying this fix will create problems for those languages... :(

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by James Riley.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago #83220 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 2.7.0 released

Robin Duckett wrote: Hi Tuan,
It is great that you are developing this component so responsively. Have you yet implemented the feature in Registrants display in the backend which allows us to have a column of notes, and to see them quickly in the summary? We're currently using v2.5.

Cheers, Robin

is this column a custom field? If so, it is not configurable but it is easy to edit some code to display that field directly on registrants management screen. You can update to latest version, then submit a support ticket and I will ask my developer to edit the code for you

Regards,

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago #83221 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic small bug fix to correct a typo
Thanks James. As English is not my native language, I am not sure if the change is valid

However, I think this is not so important because I think that when you have a category with 0 event, you even might not want it to be displayed

So unless there are other customers complain about this, I think we should leave it as how it is. OK ?

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago #83222 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic small bug fix to correct a typo
If it is important for you, I can commit the change to the code. I don't think there are any customers complain about this change if it is made, too. Let me know

Tuan