• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #66084 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Events Booking 2.0.0 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Events Booking - version 2.0.0. The main objective of this version is improve the architecture (mostly frontend stuffs) of the extension, better organized code to make it easier to maintain and add more features into the extension to future releases. Below are the details of this new release:

1. Re-architecture the extension. That architecture was implemented for backend stuffs in the past and finally, now, I have it implemented for the frontend as well. Now, we are having really good code architecture for both frontend and backend.

2. Added a new recurring events option. Now, you can create monthly recurring events which happens on a specific day in a week, for example, Monthly recurring event which happens at Tuesday of the second weeks every month. It was requested by many customers joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-ge...recurring-event.html and now, I am happy to have it available in the extension

3. Add a new layout option to search module (horizontal module layout)

4. Allow users with registrants management can download invoices from frontend.

5. Added LinkedIn as a new social sharing option.

6. If you are using shopping cart feature, now, when an event is added to cart, the content of cart module will be updated automatically without having to refresh the page.

7. And few other small fixes

Update from old versions to this latest version

As this version changes some architecture of the extension, beside installing new version over the old version as you usually did when you upgrade, there are some extra tasks needed (depend on what features you are using in the extension):

1. If you create menu items to locations management and submit location in the frontend, please update / re-create the menu items as we changed the name of the view which handle this feature.

2. If you create template override, you should check and make sure your template override still works with this latest version. You will have to re-do the template override if needed based on the code of latest version (2.0.0). As this new version has the features almost the same with version 1.7.4, if you use many templates override, maybe you can keep using version 1.7.4 if you don't want to re-do the template override.

Thanks for using our products and continue supporting our development. There are features which I could not add to this version but this change contains major work, and it will be easy for me to add support for other features in the future. If you don't see the new features you requested in this version, you should see it soon :)

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Riley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #66086 by FrankM
Replied by FrankM on topic Events Booking 2.0.0 released
Thanks Tuan, but i prefer when i can download 1.7.4 too :(

Ok, i have made an fresh new install on Joomla! 3.4.3 on my testserver. All went fine. Now i install my backups and will test 2.0.0 ;)

Productiv: Joomla 3.5.1 / EB 2.4.3 / PHP 7.0.5
Testsys: Joomla 3.5.1 / EB 2.4.3 / PHP 7.0.5

Sorry, english isn't my native language.

More
8 years 9 months ago #66157 by Andrew Shaw
Replied by Andrew Shaw on topic Events Booking 2.0.0 released
Paypal IPN no longer works after upgrading to v2.0.0......

Andy

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #66158 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking 2.0.0 released
Sorry Andy. There was a typo in the code and it might be the reason causing the issue. I just updated the code with that fix. Could you please help downloading latest version from My Downloads section and upgrade it to your site ?

Tuan

More
8 years 9 months ago #66183 by Andrew Shaw
Looks better, will confirm later.

Andy

More
8 years 9 months ago #66187 by Andrew Shaw
Just seen you have done 2 small bug fixes but still running version 2.0.0.....

So if I quickly glaced at the website I would look and see it was version 2 and not both updating, where as actually it was a updated package.

Wouldn't it be better to change to 2.0.1, 2.0.2 per bug fixes?

So 0.0.X where X would increase per bug fix,

0.X.0 where X would increase each time you added a feature

X.0.0 where X would increase on major software rewites?

Just a idea? love the product getting better each release, just needs 1 or 2 more features adding for me......

More
8 years 9 months ago #66293 by jan44
Replied by jan44 on topic Events Booking 2.0.0 released
Thank you for this release,
i tryed to install and i got a blanck page, when i return to event booking backend i get a blank page also, on fron end 404 error !

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #66318 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking 2.0.0 released
Hi Jan

That's strange as it works well here for us. Could you please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site so that we can check it directly on your site to see what's causing and get it sorted ?

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: jan44

More
8 years 8 months ago #66653 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Events Booking 2.0.0 released
Missing Key in the Language file / Translation in [Custom Fields -> Quantity Field description]: EB_QUANTITY_FIELD_EXPLAIN

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Attachments:

More
8 years 8 months ago #66771 by Oliver Lorch
Replied by Oliver Lorch on topic Events Booking 2.0.0 released
Hello Tuan,
today I downloaded version 2.0.1 and did an upgrade from 1.7.4 to this new version.
In the frontend I now have the problem, that all events are no longer bookable even the ones where the "Cut off date" and the amount of maximum registrants is not reached.
Pls see on our testserver: testdrc.drc-oberbayern.de/index.php/eb-seminartermine.html

The first event is fine (it has 15 of 15 possible registrants), the second "V092-15 Dummyseminar mit Claudia Himmert" has its cut off date on 2015-08-30 but it is shown as not bookable (1 of 10 possible registrants).

BUT... if you click the event in this event list than you see the booking button at the end of the page!
Seems only the list view has a small bug? Or maybe I did something wrong?

I emptied all the cache on the server and in my browser, stil the same problem. I tested on Firefox and IE in current version.

You can see the difference to the live server on www.drc-oberbayern.de/index.php/eb-seminartermine.html

Thanks in advance for your help.
Oliver