• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 3 months ago #55054 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Events Booking 1.6.9 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear Customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Events Booking: version 1.6.9. Below are the details information of this new release:

1. New Features:
- Improve Members Discount feature: From version 1.6.9, you can setup members discount so that different user groups will receive different discount amount. In old version, all users will receive the same discount amount.
- Allow setting Payment Processing Fee (percent and fixed fee) for each payment plugin. For example, when registrant choose Paypal as the payment method, you can config the plugin to charge them 3.9% + 0.03$ for payment processing fee.
- Allow admin to upload attachment for events instead of choosing available attachments from a dropdown as in old version (in old versions, these attachment files need to be uploaded manually via FTP before admin can choose it for events)

- Allow using File upload custom field for Individual Registration, Group Billing and Shopping cart. Right now, file upload custom field still could not be used for group members, will find a solution for it in the next release

- Allow generating ICS file and send it to registrants email and send it to registrants when they register for your events.

- Allow print registration complete page. So you can design the registration complete page and registrants might print it and use it as a ticket

- Use PHP Datetime for generating recurring events to solve the Daylight time saving issue.

- Auto populate form fields when adding new registrants from back-end of the site

- Few other small improvements to admin interface

- Improve code quality on some places
2. Bug fixes:

- Fix update event date of children events

- Fix error when generating thumbnail image for event in case PNG images are uploaded.

- Fix Login redirect error on group registration

- Fix wrong waiting list link on EB Event plugin

- Fix javascript error when the email is last field on registration form

To update to this new version, simply login to your account, access to My Downloads menu item, see your order, download latest version and upgrade it to your site (if your subscription is still active)

Thanks for using our product and supporting our development. I will continue working on it and make it better from time to time

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ingolf, Bryan, Agenda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #55098 by Agenda
Replied by Agenda on topic Events Booking 1.6.9 released
Thank you. That Payment Processing Fee feature is really useful :D.

By the way, is it posible to automatically update the price when you select the payment method? Due to the fact that now fees can be established for each payment method.

Greetings
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Agenda.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 3 months ago #55099 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking 1.6.9 released
Hi Agenda

Yes. The fee will be calculated automatically when users select a payment method

Tuan

More
9 years 3 months ago #55147 by thepiston
Replied by thepiston on topic Events Booking 1.6.9 released
I'm using a $100 simple discount for logged in Members but it is not applying after ajax runs - amount stays the same. I've checked and the user is logged in with correct credentials

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #55223 by Ingolf
Replied by Ingolf on topic Events Booking 1.6.9 released
Hi Tuan,

is there an Export-function (registrants) now in the frontend?
Happy New Year!

Ingolf
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Ingolf.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #55279 by Mtspinto
Replied by Mtspinto on topic Events Booking 1.6.9 released
Hi Tuan.

Happy New Year B)

Would like to know if the stripping of the URL in Emails & Messages has been fixed too.

Basically - a link to a site - www.joomdonation.com/my-links
would be stripped to http://my-links when email is received by a user

so clicking on it would go to the wrong website

Awesome on the file upload for attachments... but would it be possible to have the drop-down field for attachments as an option back - I have over 10 categories, and 20 events per category, and the category has same attachment :)

So an option to upload NEW / select current dropdown

the icons are so cool by the way :)
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Mtspinto.

More
9 years 2 months ago #56935 by Stephan Hodges
Replied by Stephan Hodges on topic Events Booking 1.6.9 released
Could you start a generic" "New Release" thread and pin it?
Then, for every new release, you just post a "Reply" to the thread, and all people who are subscribed to it will automatically be sent an email about the reply (the new release announcement).
Also, it's important that you disable replies from other forum members, so that only the admins can reply.

When you post each version announcement, you could post the changes in that version. In that way, all change logs would be in one place, and you could link to it from the documentation page, and the "About" page on main site.

You could even copy all past change logs as "older" messages.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 2 months ago #56945 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Maybe I will simply have a menu item on Documentation site to link to Change logs which list all change logs. Users can then click on a version releases note (which will redirect back to forum) to see the detailed information of new release

Tuan

More
9 years 2 months ago #56949 by Stephan Hodges
Replied by Stephan Hodges on topic Events Booking 1.6.9 released
Yes, that works, BUT, it is the "automatic notify" feature that would make a forum "New Version Announcement" thread most useful.

In the same way that I get an email notifying me of your reply to this thread.

Several other software products I use all use this method for sending new announcements to users who have subscribed to that topic.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 2 months ago #56954 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Ah, Yes, nice idea :). Thanks !