Back up Eshop Database

• Sammy
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #117219 by Sammy
Back up Eshop Database was created by Sammy
Hello support team, I have felt the template I'm using maybe not the greatest fit, so if we are switching to a different template id there is a way to backup everything then reinstall Eshop on the new template then restore the backup, so still the categories and the products and sales and everything the same, thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 7 months ago #117263 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Back up Eshop Database
Hello Sammy,

I think that this part in the documentation is useful eshopdocs.joomservices.com/getting-start...m-old-site-to-a-new- ...

Sincerely, Giang

More
5 years 2 months ago #122415 by Clifton Murphy
Replied by Clifton Murphy on topic Back up Eshop Database
So long as the versions of Eshop you go from and to have the same database schema (same tables etc) then its as simple as doing a Mysql dump using your web hosting control panel (Cpanel, Plesk, etc) and then doing an import.

Though if all you are doing is making a new template or design, this should have no impact on your database at all, as all template changes are (usually) file-based and not database driven.

Best advice though is to login via FTP to your webhost, copy all the files from your website root into a new directory such as yourdomain/newsite then duplicate the database with a different name and setup the joomla config file on the /newsite to use the new database. Then do all your edits on /newsite and once complete, you should just be able to copy those files back to your root with no issues. This helps as it gives you a URL you can get to in a browser while you work on the new design, i.e www.yourdomain.com/newsite

I am oversimplifying this a bit, but not much. as long as you make backups, and work on a duplicated site you make at /newsite you should be fine.

Clifton Murphy - Owner
Funny Bug Bees And Wood Works
252-933-4840

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong