EShop showing modified price if there are discount

• David White
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #65612 by David White
Greetings again,

I'm looking through the settings and default template code to see if there is a way to show on a product page (where you choose quantity), the discounted price.

I have members and non-members. If the customer is apart of the members group, I'd prefer to show THAT price instead of the standard price. The adjusted price does show up in the shopping cart...but not on the product page.

Can I change that? I assume I could modify the standard template to display this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #65639 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic EShop showing modified price if there are discount
Hello David,

This is already supported by EShop. If customer is belong to a customer group which has discounted price, then he will see the discounted price on the products list or product details page.

Please check that.
Sincerely, Giang

• David White
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #65651 by David White
Replied by David White on topic EShop showing modified price if there are discount
That makes sense..so I must have done something to make it not work that way.

I only see the standard price but when I go to checkout I see the customer group price. If I'm not seeing the customer group price on the products page, what do I look at it change that?

Thanks!

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #65772 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic EShop showing modified price if there are discount
Hello David,

May that because the customer group only chose at the checkout. When you are in the products list or product details page, there is no customer group is chose so it does not show discounted price.

Sincerely, Giang

• David White
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #65802 by David White
Replied by David White on topic EShop showing modified price if there are discount
Interesting, in my application of your program it feels wierd that customers see the standard price when they are supposed to get a customer group price ..but only see that when they go to checkout..

Is there an easy way to show the appropriate group's pricing for a product on the actual products page? Or do we have to put a note on the store front that says they wont actually see their customer group discounts until checkout?

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #65842 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello David,

Currently, there is no option to show that on the actual products page. You can put a note on the store if you would like.

Sincerely, Giang
The following user(s) said Thank You: David White

• David White
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #65873 by David White
Ya something on the front of the store would have to read "Membership Discounts applied at checkout."

Don't like it, as its bit misleading when people buy stuff and its not showing an accurate price. But it dosn't prevent functionality.

If possible, I'd like to request this be a future feature!

Thanks for your quick response!

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #65918 by Giang Dinh Truong
OK David!

I will think more about this and if it useful, I will consider to add it in the future version of EShop.

Sincerely, Giang

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #66019 by Canberra Web
Replied by Canberra Web on topic EShop showing modified price if there are discount
This is an important issue for me as well. It doesn't make sense from a user's perspective to not display the correct price for that user on the catalog.

The workaround to display a message saying that the prices are wrong until you hit the checkout makes the website look less professional. Not having the reduced price when view products also gets rid of the effect of showing people how much they are saving which makes them more likely to purchase the product.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Canberra Web.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #66060 by Giang Dinh Truong
OK Canberra,

If a customer is already belong to a customer group which has discount, then he will see the discounted price immediately. Please following the ticket to get my supports.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong