02nd May 2021- New version 1.19.8

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #143757 by Mr. Dam
02nd May 2021- New version 1.19.8 was created by Mr. Dam
The Edocman developer team are proud to announce the release of Edocman 1.19.8. This is a ninth release for the 1.19.x series of Edocman with new improvements.

What's new in Edocman 1.19.8
1. Add option to exclude documents from Indexing progress
There are many reasons why you do not want the contents of certain PDF files to be shown to front-end users (via search functions). With this requirement, we provide a function that allows you to exclude specific documents from the indexing function, thus, Edocman Indexer will not index (read and store) content of documents.

2. Add option to show Document (Document View url: Youtube, Vimeo) through modal popup
From this version, when you enter Document View url as the links through Youtube, Vimeo..etc Edocman will show content of those video clip through Modal box

3. Improve Edocman Tags module
There is an issue in Edocman Tags module (old version) regarding to relation between tags and available documents. This issue is fixed in Edocman 1.19.8

4. Improve Edocman Documents module
We add options to show Document's category and modified date

5. Fix SQL issue on Edocman Documents Auto Import plugin

Thanks
Ossolution Team
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Mr. Dam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #143796 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic 02nd May 2021- New version 1.19.8
Hi facing issue updating tried upload to update or add link upload also error

Warning : constant(): Couldn't find constant JPATH_ in /home/

ModuleAdapter.php on line 214 Warning : constant(): Couldn't find constant JPATH

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 10 months ago #143799 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic 02nd May 2021- New version 1.19.8
Hi Richart,
It seems a Joomla issue, i've heard about this notices in the past, in fact, the Joomla community doesn't have a specific way to deal with it, and it doesn't affect the extension's performance either. Simply, they are just warnings, so you can configure your PHP setting to hide those PHP notices and warnings without problems.
Thanks
Dam

More
2 years 10 months ago #143940 by John Kaminski
Replied by John Kaminski on topic 02nd May 2021- New version 1.19.8 - Exclude indexing
Thank you for this fine addition to Edocuments. I was trying to do this manually, but that was difficult to remember. Now those I want excluded are permanently flagged.
One question: If I get overruled by my bosses, can I again include indexing?
John

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 10 months ago #143941 by Mr. Dam
Hi John,
When the document is excluded in indexing process, you can click on the link "Exclude indexing" in documents list to remove it out of excluded indexing list.
Thanks
Dam

More
2 years 10 months ago #143946 by John Kaminski
Replied by John Kaminski on topic 02nd May 2021- New version 1.19.8 - Exclude indexing
Thanks. I was trying the Exclude indexing box at the top instead of the red Exclude indexing in the "Indexed content" column.
John

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 10 months ago #143962 by Mr. Dam
OK, in next Edocman version, i will find the way to make the meaning of links clearer than current
Regards,
Dam