All questions about EDocman extension

Edocman 1.9.9 released - Google Drive integration

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago #116080 by Mr. Dam
The Edocman developer team are proud to announce the release of Edocman 1.9.9. This is a tenth release for the 1.9.x series of Edocman with new improvement.

What new in Edocman 1.9.9

1. Google Drive integration
The Edocman - Google Drive plugin allows you to integrate Edocman with Dropbox. As you know, Google Drive is a service that keeps your files safe, synced, and easy to share. Bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and never lose a file again. So, there are many benefits to storing Edocman documents on the third party storage like Google Drive. It will help you reduce the used memory of server, the documents will be store safely.
More details about Google Integration plugin here: edocmandocs.ext4joomla.com/modules-plugi...-google-drive-plugin

2. Related documents
This feature is used to show Related documents in document details page. Edocman has feature to show related documents in same Category or Author.

Thanks
Dam
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #133701 by craig kennedy
Replied by craig kennedy on topic Edocman 1.9.9 released - Google Drive integration
This has me a little confused, You say google drive integration then mention Dropbox, both of which are entireely different? My current release has dropbox but nothing referencing Google drive at all?

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 11 months ago #133702 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
Dropbox, Gdrive and Amazon S3 are 3 supported online storages of Edocman extension. At one time, you can select one of 3 those online storages to store documents of Edocman, and you can only publish one of 3 plugins at one time for using.
Thanks
Dam

More
3 years 11 months ago #133703 by craig kennedy
Replied by craig kennedy on topic Edocman 1.9.9 released - Google Drive integration
I guess what I am trying to say is I only have Dropbox as a plugin, there is no other plugin that resembles anything regards cloud storage, yet I am using eDocman Verison 1.17.0.

The idea of hosting the files on google appeals to me, but I have to admit to also having struggled greatly with the google api system which is a cumbersome mess

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 11 months ago #133704 by Mr. Dam
Hi Craig,
Once you download Edocman package from our site, you will see the package name: edocman_unzip_first.zip, please extract it, and you'll see the Amazon S3 and Gdrive plugins
Thanks
Dam

More
3 years 11 months ago #133705 by craig kennedy
yup, its confirmed I am an idiot :-)

Moderators: Mr. Dam