• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #66284 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
EDocman Auto Import Plugin was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

From version 1.7.0, we introduce a new plugin called EDocman Auto Import. If you publish this plugin, it will monitor the folder where you store EDocman Documents (the folder which you configure in Documents Path config option of EDocman) and when you upload documents to that folder (and sub-folders), for example via FTP, it will auto import these documents and make it available in the system

It is a very useful feature and will save you much time if you often have to add documents to EDocman. Instead running Bulk Import, you just upload the documents via FTP and the plugin will import it for you.

This feature works good if you use Herachical folder structure of EDocman. With this feature turned on, documents of each category will be stored in one folder. When you want to add documents to a category, simply upload these documents to the folder of that category and this plugin will scan that folder, detect the category of the documents and add these documents into the system

For example, if you have a system setup as below :

Joomla (documents of this category will be stored in EDOCMAN_ROOT/joomla)
===>Components (documents of this category will be stored in EDOCMAN_ROOT/joomla/components)
===>Modules(documents of this category will be stored in EDOCMAN_ROOT/joomla/modules)
===>Templates(documents of this category will be stored in EDOCMAN_ROOT/joomla/templates)

If you publish EDocman Auto Import Plugin and :

- Upload files to EDOCMAN_ROOT/joomla, the plugin will know that these files belong to category Joomla (based on the path of the file), so it will create a new document in EDocman for each file and assign these documents to Joomla category
- Upload files to EDOCMAN_ROOT/joomla/modules, the plugin will know that these files belong to category Modules(based on the path of the file), so it will create a new document in EDocman for each file and assign these documents to Modulescategory

and so on....

Hope the example above help you understand how the plugin works and how you can use it.

If you have any questions about this feature, please don't hesitate to ask !

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #70683 by Sandro Panzeri
Replied by Sandro Panzeri on topic EDocman Auto Import Plugin
Hi.
I'm trying to use this plugin.
How many minutes I have to wait for any next syncronization?
I used FTP to add a file, I enabled the plugin and immediatly I see the new document for the new file.
In a second time I add via FTP a new file but the syncronization don't work immediatly, so i disable and save and exit from the plugin configuration, then I reentered in the plugin configuration and reenabled it, but the plugin don't find yet the new file.
How many minutes I have to wait for any next syncronization?
Many thank's for any help.

More
8 years 1 month ago #76481 by Resmun
Replied by Resmun on topic EDocman Auto Import Plugin
Hi I dont see this plugin available in the new release. Any reason for this. Thanks

More
8 years 1 month ago #76521 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic EDocman Auto Import Plugin
Hi,
The plugin is existing in the package of Edocman.
Thanks
Dam

• Christian Lochmatter
More
7 years 4 months ago #89421 by Christian Lochmatter
Replied by Christian Lochmatter on topic EDocman Auto Import Plugin
Hello

I was able to enable the auto import plugin.
If I understand the code correct it checks every hour that there are new files available. This happens only if the onAfterRender event is triggered. This normaly happens if I refresh the joomla admin center page.

Is there a way or a plan that this script can be scheduled by cron job?

Regards,
Christian

More
6 years 8 months ago #101076 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic EDocman Auto Import Plugin
Hi Dam
I have eDocman 1.8.3 (subs expired a few weeks ago).

I cannot find the AutoImport plugin... can you tell me where it is located?
I looked in the com_edocman_1.8.3.zip then in the packages, and I can see a "plug_sstem_edocmanimport.zip", but I think this is the normal system import????
I cant see any AutoImport..... after I installed using the main "com_edocman_1.8.3.zip"file

thanks,
Mike

.....and society inscribe on its banners...

More
6 years 8 months ago #101079 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic EDocman Auto Import Plugin
Hi Mike,
Please read document of Edocman Auto Import plugin here: edocmandocs.ext4joomla.com/modules-plugins/edocman-auto-import
Thanks
Dam

More
6 years 8 months ago #101081 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic EDocman Auto Import Plugin
Thanks Dam,
I mistakenly thought that there was a specific "Auto Import" plugin which I was missing......
I will go through the documentation and try to set it up...

Thanks you for your assistance..... love your work!

Mike

.....and society inscribe on its banners...

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #106991 by Toby Allspach
Replied by Toby Allspach on topic EDocman Auto Import Plugin
Can auto import plugin import to a tree of folders/categories as opposed to just one folder/catagory?
I am able to use the auto import feature. However, it seems to only sync with the parent of my hierarchy and not the children. I have children folders and categories that match.
When I copy a file to a child folder, the file is copied to the parent category in Edocman. I love your component please advise...
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Toby Allspach.

More
5 years 3 months ago #120420 by Stefan O.
Replied by Stefan O. on topic EDocman Auto Import Plugin
Hello,
can the synchronization period (1 hour) be somehow reduced? (e.g. 15 Minutes?)

Moderators: Mr. Dam