All questions about EDocman extension

How do I turn off "Tagged Under" and "Details"

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #27097 by rowby
HI

Using Joomla 3.x

Just installed your program. Looking good. I have a couple of questions.

1) How do I turn off the button that says "Details".

2) Also right now the site has just a few documents, not in any category. Is there a way to just show the document title list along with a download button (or a text link) and not have to go to a second page to download the document.

Thanks!

Rowby
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by rowby.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #27131 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: How do I turn off "Tagged Under" and "Details"
Hi Rowby

In your case, I think you should use table layout instead of using detalt layout.

See edocman.joomdonation.org/index.php?optio...ble&id=20&Itemid=160 for how it looks

If you want to do so, simply create a menu item to link to category table layout of the extension and It should work as expected.

Tuan

More
10 years 10 months ago #31316 by Dave Hauss

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Hi Rowby

In your case, I think you should use table layout instead of using detalt layout.

See edocman.joomdonation.org/index.php?optio...ble&id=20&Itemid=160 for how it looks

If you want to do so, simply create a menu item to link to category table layout of the extension and It should work as expected.

Tuan

I tried this but there is NO DOWNLOAD BUTTON in the rightmost column.. how do I get that to show up?

More
10 years 10 months ago #31965 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: How do I turn off "Tagged Under" and "Details"
Hi Dave

I am really sorry. I could not believe I forgot this forum question. Do you still need my help now ? If Yes, I will check it and guide you right away !

Really sorry for could not answer your questions earlier !

Tuan

More
10 years 10 months ago #31966 by rowby
Hi

It's working okay for the site. I forgot the reason I originally asked the question. The extension is a great addition to their site.

Rowby

More
10 years 10 months ago #31968 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
That's great ! Thanks Rowby for confirming !

Tuan

More
10 years 3 months ago #40385 by Art Flores
Hello,

I am also Using Joomla 3.2 with the latest version of Edocman.
I am going to use the Columns Layout and I want to disable the button that says "Details"
Is there any way to disable this button in Column Layout?

Thank you for your help and your great work!

Art
Attachments:

More
10 years 3 months ago #40397 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Art

Open the file components/com_edocman/views/common/documents_columns.php, find the code below and remove it:
Code:
<li> <a class="btn btn-primary" href="<?php echo $url; ?>" <?php echo $popup; ?>> <?php echo JText::_('EDOCMAN_DETAILS'); ?> </a> </li>

After that, it will work as expected.

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Art Flores

More
10 years 3 months ago #40421 by Art Flores
Hi Tuan,
Thanks for pointing the files where I need to change your code.
The line of code was on the file components/com_edocman/views/common/documents_default.php
and I manage to delete that button.
Thank you!

Best,
Art

More
10 years 3 months ago #40494 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Oh, I though you are using columns layout but it seems that causes by the layout switcher (make the layout become columns). Glad you found it and solve it yourself !

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Art Flores

Moderators: Mr. Dam