Any questions about Documents Sellers, post it here .

Is 3.5 version tested on Joomla 3.2.0?

• Pascal
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #38645 by Pascal
Hello Tuan,

after Membership PRO (very good extension), I purchased and installed Document Seller (version 3.5) on Joomla! 3.2.0 site (even trying it on Joomla 3.1.5 site) , but they are really too many issues that I'm experiencing and that doesn't allow to use this extension on a production site.

I point out some important issues, according to me. I state that I've tested with different templates, including Protostar, on three browsers (Chrome , IE, Firefox) , and I tried to enable or disable (for every issue) the options “Load Jquery”, “Load Twitter Bootstrap”, “Fix complete order button issue” and “Enable Mambot”.

The button for free download, if you enable the option “Collect user information for downloading free documents” , it doesn't work: clicking doesn't start any download . By disabling this option, the download works. But so it is not possible to have user's informations.

The option “Download notify” doesn't work (perhaps because of the same problem above).

On the back end of the site, in case of offline payment, if you try to confirm the order the site crashes, and you see only a blank page (even enabling “Fix complete order button issue” ) . In addition, the email is not sent to user.

Invoice. Both on the front-end and back-end, if you want to download the pdf invoice the site crashes, and you see a blank page. This makes it impossible to download and see invoices .

“Show Terms/Conditions Checkbox”. It doesn't open a pop-up window with the item in question, but it opens as html pages (and so you get out of the purchase page and you don't see anymore the site). Only disabling the option “Activate Cart Feature” the pop -up opens. But I would like to keep enabled “Activate Cart Feature” to allow users to add new documents to cart.

Thank offline payment page . Remain on the Thanks page tags [ FIRST_NAME ] [ LAST_NAME ], [ ITEM_NAME ]

The emails (both confirmation and notify the administrator ) are truncated at the level of [ITEM_NAME ] (you don't see , therefore, the order details) . On the PC you can somehow see the truncated message, but not on tablets and smartphones .

Dmscart module. It crashes the site. A lot of modules disappear (in my case the module in template positions “logo” and “footer”) and also the content of the page disappears .

Purchased document. By setting as “Public” the system requires user access Registred (or other). In fact clicking on the order button of a document (as a Public user) you go on confirmation page and there you see also registration or login field: you must login or register to confirm order.
Not only that. By setting as “Registred”, once clicked on the order button of a document you leave the dms page and you are returned to native Joomla login page/registration. This also enabling the option “User Registration” (as happens in Membership PRO, you would login or register on confirmation page) .

Sandbox . The Sandbox doesn't work, unlike PayPal - Live Mode (I tried all two modes). Once the payment is completed, you haven't the download link in the thanks page (on the site). No email is sent to notify the administrator and confirmation to the buyer. It doesn't appear the order in Order section on back-end site.

I ask you kindly check on Joomla! 3.2.0 and make, if it's possible, the solutions.

Thank you,

Pascal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pascal
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #38743 by Pascal
Replied by Pascal on topic Re: Is 3.5 version tested on Joomla 3.2.0?
Hello, although I haven't yet received a reply, I point out other issues on Document Seller, in Joomla! 3.2.0 (and 3.15).

- Custom fields. Entering a new Field Type as "Messagge", that message will appear three times on the payment form . On confirmation page you normally see only one message .

- Custom fileds . The Required option (for new Fields) doesn't work. It behaves as a not required field.

- Configuration - Purchased Document .
1)Setting as Registred and using the User Registration, you come from the purchase page and go to the login/registration default Joomla page . Login/registration form should appear in purchase page (as in Membership PRO ) .
2)Setting as Public and using the User Registration , you are asked in each case to register. This time login/registration form is included in purchased page (you don't leave the page as in the previous case) . The registration of a new user works, while the login of a registered user leads to an invalid token error (blank page with message invalid token) .
3)Setting as Public and NOT using the User Registration, you buy as visitors (without account) . This is ok, but however if after purchase you create an account with the same email , you do not see any order.

Pascal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.