Any questions about Documents Sellers, post it here .

How does customer download product after purchase

• Allen Burtt
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #2468 by Allen Burtt
Thanks JoomDonation for a great component.

I recently purchased Documents Seller to sell documents! :) The installation was a snap and it works well with my PayPal account. The only drawback I found was that there is very little by way of support documentation, so it took quite a bit of time and trial and error to get the component working.

That brings me to my query - I haven't been able to work out how to direct the customer back to a download link after paying for the purchase. The following is a description of what is happening at the present time:

1. Document is selected for purchase.

2. Shopping cart is opened and purchase confirmed, etc.

3. Customer is re-directed to my PayPal account (re-direct message displayed).

4. Customer arrives at PayPal, provides credit card details, etc.

5. PayPal confirms transaction successful (on screen and by email) and asks customer if he wants to return to my web site (this can be automated by PayPal).

6. Customer returns to my web site and sees message "order completed" (details also shown in the administration area of Joomla)...

That's it...There doesn't seem to be any link and I haven't been able to work out how the customer then downloads the purchased document (having already paid for it). If as the customer I return to the document area and cllick on the button it simply cycles into another purchase (as described above).

So please JD, could you help with instructions on how to configure the component so the customer can download the document after paying for it and returning to my web site?

P.S I know it can be done because when I purchased Documents Seller I was returned to your web site and was able to download the component for free.

Cheers
Allen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2469 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re:How does customer download product after purchase
Hi
To enable customers to download documents after purchasing , you can simply set these config options in Documents Seller :

- Set Send document via email to Yes : If you set this config option to yes, the document will be sent as attachment in confirmation email which customers received after making payment .
- Set Send download link via email to Yes : If you set this config option to Yes, customers will receive download link for purchased documents in confirmation email. They can then click on the links in the email to download documents .

Hope my explanation is clear to you . Please let me know if you need more help .

Thanks,
Tuan

PS : The extension is supposed to generate default configuration data during installation process. This default configuration data is prepared so that you just need to change some messages to meet your requirement. After that, you can start upload documents, setup prices... for selling . For some reason, this configuration data is not generated during installation process and you had to configure it yourself . Sorry about that, I will check and fix it very soon .

More
14 years 1 month ago #2477 by Anders Vinther
Replied by Anders Vinther on topic Re:How does customer download product after purchase
Except that sending the document as an email attachment does not work!

More
14 years 1 month ago #2478 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re:How does customer download product after purchase
Hi
I did many tests and saw that the purchased documents always sent after you making payment. There maybe some reasons which documents are not being sent :

1. The document is too big and mail server doesn't allow it to be sent .

Please contact me so that we can check it together .

Thanks,
Tuan

• Allen Burtt
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #2493 by Allen Burtt
Thanks Joomla Donation staff for answering my query.

Initially, I was trying to take the purchaser back to my web site to download the document (i.e. rather than sending an email with a link or attachment). However, attaching the document to an email works fine, so I happy to use that method. It also means I can tailor the standard email message that attaches the document, so its a good opportunity to thank the purchaser, provide some follow up, etc.

As an aside, the configuration for Documents Seller was probably correct when I installed it, but I played around with the settings when trying to set up the component. As I said in my original post, this is a bit difficult due the the lack of documentation regarding all of the options. Apart from that drawback, the component is first rate...thanks again for making it available.

Cheers,
Allen

More
14 years 1 month ago #2494 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Allen

If users logged in while purchasing documents, they can always login to your site to download the extension again . You just need to make a menu item to link to com_dms, choose the view mydocs . Your customers can access to this link to view their order history and can download purchased documents .

Regarding the documentation for configuration, I will write a more detailed document for it after the next version release (I am working on it, it will be released at the end of this week), so please keep an eye on our site to get updated version .

There are still more features which I planed to add to DMS to make it become the best Documents Seller extension. I hope you and other customers will support my development by giving the extension a 5 stars rating and a nice review so that it's ranking can be improved in the JED and I can get more orders from clients :) .

Thanks so much for supporting my development so far .

Best regards,
Tuan

More
14 years 1 month ago #2567 by Paul Csogi
Great product. Got everything setup and working from paypal and still no seperate email with links. I've configured all as I should. Orders are not even being captured. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Paul

More
14 years 1 month ago #2568 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi
Do you use RSFirewall on your site ? There is a bug in RSFirewall which prevent Paypal IPN works properly and that might be the problem.
Please let me know .
Thanks,
Tuan

More
14 years 1 month ago #2569 by Paul Csogi
thx for the quick response. Not to my knowledge. I do not see it listed in modules. I'm running in Legacy, would that cause an issue?

More
14 years 1 month ago #2570 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

I have several customers got this problem and the reason is that they install RSFirewall extension for their site. In this case, please submit a support ticket contains your site information (FTP account and Joomla administrator account) so that I can check it for you . Also, If you test it on localhost (the site hosted on your local computer), It won't work because Paypal IPN could not reach your local computer .

Thanks,
Tuan