Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Customer-entered info for products

• pegasustoo
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #157026 by pegasustoo
Customer-entered info for products was created by pegasustoo
I need a shopping cart extension that will let me include a form to be filled out by the buyer for every produce they buy. There's a different form for each product, consisting of text fields, date and time fields, and some option selection fields. Buyers often buy multiple products that may require different information to be submitted for each product. Is it possible to do this with your extensions and/or plugins?

Failing that, will your EShop integrate with any form software that would let me direct the customer to the info form, then back to the store to shop for other products, and collect the products in the shopping cart? In other words, the form software could independently send me the info, while EShop handles the cart items and payments, as long as there's a way to track which form submission goes with which purchase, if that makes sense.

I'm currently using Joomla 3 but will upgrade to Joomla 4 in the coming weeks/months. Thank you.
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by pegasustoo. Reason: Clarity: More information about what I'm looking for

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 1 month ago #157029 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Customer-entered info for products
Hello pegasustoo,

Thank you for interesting in our EShop Shopping Cart extension and submitting the question here. I read the your question: Yes, EShop supports the Product Options feature which works exactly as you want.

1. You can check a demo product at our demo site that work like that here: joomdonationdemo.com/eshop/men/men-s-shirt/easy-iron-shirt.html (Look at the Available Options). Of course, it also supports more option type as text, datetime as you asked.

2. You can read more about Options Manager here: eshopdocs.joomservices.com/catalog/options

3. You can also read more about how to assign Options to Product here eshopdocs.joomservices.com/catalog/products#product-options

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely, Giang

• pegasustoo
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 month ago #157091 by pegasustoo
Replied by pegasustoo on topic Customer-entered info for products
Hello Giang, thank you for your quick reply. I'm attaching a screenshot of the kind of form I need to create for each product. As you can see, there are a lot of text-input fields, but most of the options and attributes I see in your documentation seem to be selection fields (list, dropdown, checkbox, etc).

I was looking at your Payments Form extension and I'm wondering if that can be made to work with EShop as part of the ordering process for each product?

One option I've been thinking of is that on the product page, it would only have a button saying "Order this" which takes the buyer to a second page that contains the form, and from there the buyer can either go to Checkout or continue shopping for other products.

Thanks.
Attachments:

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 1 month ago #157123 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello pegasustoo,

Thank you for getting back to me here. EShop supports 8 main option types: Select List, Radio List, Checkbox List, File, Text, Text area, Time and Date Time.

You can read more about it here eshopdocs.joomservices.com/catalog/options

Sincerely, Giang

• pegasustoo
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 month ago #157149 by pegasustoo
Replied by pegasustoo on topic Customer-entered info for products
Thanks Giang. I would also like to hear more about the Payment Form extension. Could that be made to work as the form that buyers would fill out for each ordered product? In other words, where it would pass the submitted data (name, price, dates, etc) to the checkout page? And if so, would it be possible to have the form as a separate page? In other words, where the buyer would click "buy now" on the product page, then go to the form to fill out their information, and then either go to checkout or continue shopping. What does the Payment Form extension do/have that basic EShop doesn't have?

Thanks. :-)

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 1 month ago #157280 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello Pegasustoo,

I think with the your requirements, EShop meet that. With each product, customer can select multiple different options, then add the product to the cart. Finally, customer will go to the Checkout page to order the products in a general form.

If you have any questions related to Payment Form extension, please submit a new ticket to Payment Form category so my co-worker will help you.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam