Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Emails sent after ticket/comment

• Don Schuster
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #136603 by Don Schuster
Emails sent after ticket/comment was created by Don Schuster
We have two support people and their logins are listed against all the categories as managers. We would like if anyone posts a new message or a comment to a ticket that all the managers and the original user all get an email. This seems to happen with new messages, but not with comments. I have both the "Notifiy managers when statf reply" and "Notify staff when customers reply" option enabled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #136624 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Emails sent after ticket/comment
Hi Don

Currently, when a customer add comment to ticket, we only send notification to managers of category

There is no email sent to customer in this case (I think customer added the comment, so no need to send email to him)

Tuan

• Don Schuster
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #136628 by Don Schuster
Replied by Don Schuster on topic Emails sent after ticket/comment
Thanks for the info. What about an email to the other managers when a staff or manager enters a comment. We must have customized the previous version of the software to do this. It is handy for the other managers to know that the ticket was responded to by another manager when there are multiple managers.

As far as the email back to the user/manager that added the ticket. I know it sounds redundant, but it does serve as a confirmation that the comment was entered.

Could you possibly point me to the point in the code that selects who received an email. Maybe we can just redo the old customization. The code seems very different now so we can just do a comparison.

Happy to engage you to pay for some enhancements if you are interested.

More
3 years 8 months ago #136652 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Emails sent after ticket/comment
Hi Don

1. When manager add comment to ticket, only the customer will receive email, not other managers or staff

2. When a staff add comment to ticket, with your setting, managers will receive notification

3. You can look at method sendTicketUpdatedEmailToCustomer in the file components/com_helpdeskpro/Helper/Helper.php and customize it to have it works as you want

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam