Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Event Booking Importing

• Matia
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #35771 by Matia
Event Booking Importing was created by Matia
Hello, I have a large amount of events I would like to put in Event Booking. Is there a simple way I can import these events, or add them easily to the database table?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 7 months ago #35776 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Event Booking Importing
Hi Matai

If you know programming, you can write script to import these events directly into database. All the events are stored in #__eb_events table !

Tuan

• Matia
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #35817 by Matia
Replied by Matia on topic Re: Event Booking Importing
And once I get my data into the database table, can I pull that data into a registration form? So if I have an event that can occur at 5 different times, and I put these different times in the database, can the registration form pull those times into a dropdown?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 7 months ago #35910 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Unfortunately, that's not how Events Booking works. If event occurs at 5 different times, there will be 5 different events showed and users will need to choose one event from the list to register !

Regards,

Tuan

• Matia
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #35917 by Matia
I think what you are talking about is what I want. We are offering a class at 5 different times. The user will fill in their information then choose one of those 5 classes from a dropdown. Is that possible? Also, is there a tutorial on how to pull information from a database table into a dropdown? I couldn't find one. Unless it's the database integration that you are saying won't work...

• Matia
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #36726 by Matia
Any help? I know this is under Pre-sales Questions but I did purchase the extension and would like some support.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 6 months ago #36727 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

Matia wrote: Any help? I know this is under Pre-sales Questions but I did purchase the extension and would like some support.

Sorry Matia. Next time, please post your question in General discussion forum instead of Pre-sales question forum.

As I mentioned, the extension doesn't display events in dropdown in registration form. It will display list of events like this eventbooking.joomdonation.org/index.php?...tegory_id=1&Itemid=4 . Users will click on Register button to register for the event he wants.

Does it make sense ?

Tuan

• Matia
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #36730 by Matia
It was a pre-sales question when I began posting, then we bought the extension not too long ago. I don't know how to switch the topic to a different category.

I think I'm using the word "events" incorrectly. I mainly just need a dropdown that pulls data from a database. I've been told this is possible but I haven't been told how this is possible. This functionality is the main reason we went with this extension. Is there a tutorial somewhere?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 6 months ago #36741 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Matia

It is not Configurable. I think we will need to customize the code to add the data to the form. Is this dropdown will be showed on all registration form of all events or it it for some specific events ? Could you please send me the link to your registration page so that I can look at it and guide you want file you need to modify ?

Tuan

• Matia
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #36828 by Matia
My registration form is located at: 204.27.195.212/jupgrade/index.php/event-booking currently. The dropdown will show on a lot of registration forms, but NOT all of them. I found that changes have to be made in /components/com_eventbooking/views/register/tmpl. I'm just not sure how to make the field show up on certain forms and how to make the dropdown pull from the database table.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam