Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Membership Pro?

More
11 years 3 months ago #24813 by Alice
Membership Pro? was created by Alice
I'm an experienced PHP developer but do most of my coding writing plugins for Wordpress.

I'm very new to Joomla but am overseeing the building of a large site.

We are going to have front end pages which can be created by any member, even with a free subscription, but paid subscriptions can remove ads from the pages. So our members need to be able to access front end and back end, in order to be creating their pages, but using payment levels for various things (like ad display).

Does Membership Pro allow for a "free" subscription level, so that we can manage everyone at the same time with the plugin, not just the paid members? Or how does it work, would we be using the built in membership management for that and only using Membership Pro for billing?

What sort of code hooks or functions can I tap into (are they able to be tapped) to check for level of membership when displaying certain pages, etc.? I'm comfortable writing my own code to do that *if* your code is set up in such a way that this is possible.

This project is very low budget (expecting long time returns rather than short return; I'm in for a percentage instead of a fixed price) so I don't want to purchase a plugin that won't wind up doing what I need (although I'll defintiely buy in if it will suit my purposes). I thought you had a demo site since there is a demo button, but it doesn't actually go anywhere. If I could just see what it looks like from an administrative point of view I might be able to see if it fit my needs before buying and placing it on our server.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #24829 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Membership Pro?
Hi Alice

It is very difficult to explain everything between us because you come from Wordpress world but I don't have experience with Wordpress. Here are just some comments:

1. Membership Pro support both Free and Paid Membership.

2. If you want to customize the code to add ads into pages, Membership Pro has a helper function which allows you to get list of active subscription plans of the current logged in users. So you easily decide to display ads for the pages or not...

3. I am not sure how Wordpress works, but in Joomla, I believe we rarely allows front-end users to login to back-end of the site to create anything. So you should think very careful about it before implementing.

4. Since you don't know much about Joomla, you can go ahead to purchase the extension and If it doesn't work for your project, I will agree to refund the money of your purchase. So you can give it a try.

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam