Questions about Payment Form extension

Integrations between Custom Fields

More
13 years 1 month ago #8172 by jz
I have a question. I there any way to have integration between two custom fields. I am working on a translation order form. I have a custom field(check box) indicating the name of languages that customer wishes to translate his/her original source.

Also, I have also another field mentioning the number of words in original source. for every 1000 words, the customer should be charged 90 Euro in every languages. Imagine we have 3 languages and 2000 words. the result should be 6000 words divided by 6 and then multiplied by 90 Euro. Total amount should be 540 Euro. I could not find any solution regarding the multiplying the number of languages in the number of words in order to find the total amount. Could you please guide me how can I do that?

Many thanks for this nice extension. any prompt feedback would be appreciated.
Javad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #8214 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Integrations between Custom Fields
Hi Javad

I have a question. I there any way to have integration between two custom fields. I am working on a translation order form. I have a custom field(check box) indicating the name of languages that customer wishes to translate his/her original source.

=> I don't understand how you want to integrate the two custom fields. Maybe you want when user check on a checkbox , the corresponding textbox will be displayed so that users can enter number of words ? If the answer is yes, then I am afraid of we don't have this feature within the extension .

Also, I have also another field mentioning the number of words in original source. for every 1000 words, the customer should be charged 90 Euro in every languages. Imagine we have 3 languages and 2000 words. the result should be 6000 words divided by 6 and then multiplied by 90 Euro. Total amount should be 540 Euro. I could not find any solution regarding the multiplying the number of languages in the number of words in order to find the total amount. Could you please guide me how can I do that?

=> I think for each language, you will create a textbox which allow users to enter number of words they want to translate. This textbox is a fee field with fee fomular : [FIELD_VALUE]*90/1000 ; Could you please try to see whether this solutio works for you ?

Regards,

Tuan

More
13 years 1 month ago #8221 by jz
Hi Tuan

Thanks for your reply. Let me to clear what I meant. I have two custom fields in one payment form. one of them is a check box field that the client choose the languages he wants(there are more than 10 languages). the other one also is a text box that client enter the number of words. the number of words for every language is exactly the same as others; so there is no need to enter number of words for each language. What I simply want is to multiply the number of languages that the customer selected multiplying by the number of words. Even if I assign a custom field that the client enter the number of languages he wish to translate(instead of a check box), still I can't manage this multiplying operation. because It seems that there is no way to call the fee value of a custom field in the fee formula of another custom field in order to multiply it. we are allowed to use just [FORM_AMOUNT] and [FIELD_VALUE] . Am I true or not? It is what I meant behind the integration word I used in this question. I would be appreciated if you let me know the response. It is a bit urgent.

Many thanks again,
Javad

More
13 years 1 month ago #8403 by jz
Is there any solution for this problem?

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc