Skip Confirmation Step?

• JNewton
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #7804 by JNewton
Skip Confirmation Step? was created by JNewton
Hello,
Great component!
I'm trying to find out if there's an easy way to skip the confirmation step of the form. As it is, user fills out info and clicks on next, the page is reloaded with the same info (this time as labels instead of text boxes) displayed for confirmation. I know visitors are often pretty dense and typos will occur often, but I'd still love to be able to have everything processed with just the one click.
Could someone please tell me if this is possible (with or without coding)...

To clarify, I've tried both options with "Bypass Confirmation Page" and it doesn't seem to affect the process. I still get the reload with the "Process Payment" button on there. Does "test mode" -vs- "live mode" make a difference? Everything I've done so far has been in test mode and setup for authorize.net hasn't been completed.

Thanks!
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by JNewton.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 2 months ago #7827 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Skip Confirmation Step?
Hi

I haven't tested yet, but I think you can bypass confirmation page with small change to the code in the extension. Please open the file components/com_pmform/views/form/tmpl/default.php, look at line 300 :
Code:
form.task.value = 'view_confirmation' ;

Please change it to :
Code:
form.task.value = 'process_payment' ;

After that, it should bypass the confirmation page .

Regarding your question, test mode and live mode : It works the same. Maybe your Authorize.net account doesn't support test mode . If you want to test it in test mode, you can use my Account :

API Login : 2Sht9m67PD

Transaction Key : 35J2rq5d6LtJ2Yg6

I confirm that the extension works very well with authorize.net. Maybe you can try to test it with a live transaction (1$ for example) .

Hope this help !

Regards,

Tuan

PS : Sorry for lately response. I had some problem with my hosting provider, so I had to spend the last few days to solve it (moving all my sites to new hosting account...) and could not reply you .

More
13 years 1 month ago #8148 by oldandfat
Replied by oldandfat on topic Re: Skip Confirmation Step?
I have no idea why Tuan would suggest that you modify the code when there clearly is a "bypass configuration page" option under Configuration. I have tried to implement this in at least two versions of Payment Form and it is non-functional. Suggest that this be repaired so that it can be used, rather than having anyone dig into the nuts and bolts of the code.

Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net :blink:

More
12 years 10 months ago #9575 by Roger Montejano
Replied by Roger Montejano on topic Re: Skip Confirmation Step?
Hello!

I would also like to bypass confirmation page. Selecting "Yes" under General configuration doesn´t seem to skip the page, and I can´t find the piece of code indicated.

Could you please help me with this? My version of Joomdonation has a com_jdonation folder.

Thanks!
Roger.

More
12 years 10 months ago #9577 by oldandfat
Replied by oldandfat on topic Re: Skip Confirmation Step?
Dear Roger (rmontejano)

1) First make sure that you download and install the latest version of Payment Form. You should be able to go to the Customer Area and under Order History there should be a download button. If you can't get there, work out that issue first by starting a new topic and Tuan will likely see it and respond. He has a bad habit of missing additional comments to old threads (like this one) and the last time I looked he was still calling everything Payment Form v1.6 regardless of how many times he changed the code. (This is the version you see in the control panel when you open the PF extension.

2) If you have the latest and greatest, then try the bypass selection again. If this doesn't work, start a new topic and tell him that it is broken. He will only notice if you start a new topic.

My personal opinion is that you shouldn't have to patch any code. He provides an option and he should make that work for everyone.

Best wishes,

Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net

More
12 years 10 months ago #9605 by Roger Montejano
Replied by Roger Montejano on topic Re: Skip Confirmation Step?
Hello Dave!

Thank you very much for your help. As I see in the control panel we are using the latest version (2.8.1) so I´ll start a new thread as you sugest.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Roger.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc