Questions about Payment Form extension

Total Amount Field accumulating when it should not.

• Joseph Zingarelli
  • Topic Author
More
7 months 6 days ago #160990 by Joseph Zingarelli
Total Amount Field accumulating when it should not. was created by Joseph Zingarelli
I have forms where the Total Amount field varies based on customer-selected options.  Typically the user selects options in a descending order down the page to arrive at the Total Amount.  This works as expected.
The form has problems when the user 'changes his mind' and re-selects from the same options that affect the Total Price.  In this case, the Total Amount field is accumulated rather than overwritten.  For example, the first time through the user might select options for 'Advanced Player and 'One Lesson Per Week.'  Then, before purchasing, they might select the option for 'Intermediate Player' and 'Two Lessons Per Week,' which causes the Total Amount to change.  Unfortunately the Total Amount field is accumulating the amount from the first choice with the second choice.

It does not seem to matter if I use the Fee Values field or the Fee Formula field to store the amount.
I can prevent the 'accumulation effect' by refreshing the page but I don't want to require a user to do this; the Payment Form should handle it. 

In my recent journey to learn Payment Form I have gone through a number of iterations of creating forms and custom controls and then deleting/renaming, recreating forms and custom controls.  At present I have approximately 270 Custom Fields being used across 10 or so forms.  How does the Payment Form application handle database 'deletes?'  Is it advisable to optimize or check the PF tables for integrity? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 6 days ago #161011 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Total Amount Field accumulating when it should not.
I don't know how it could happen. Normally, when you change an option, the fee will be recalculated. In this case, I guess you will need to submit a support ticket sending us super admin account, link to the form and tell us what I need to do to see the error

I will check to see why the issue happens and get it sorted

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc