Questions about Payment Form extension

Payment Confirmation Step

• Techmistress
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #159950 by Techmistress
Payment Confirmation Step was created by Techmistress
If I enable the Payment Confirmation Step, will the admin email I receive let me know if it was paid or not?

Right now admin receives an email if the customer pays or does not complete payment at paypal and there’s no way of knowing, unless a paypal email is also received at the same time.

We have 3 people who get notified, but only 1 who gets the paypal confirmation as well - so the others need to know if it was paid or not as well.

Thanks for the help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #159959 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Payment Confirmation Step
Hello

Confirmation step is used to show the information which users entered on the form before they make payment. It does not effect whether email is sent to user or not

The extension only sends email when users make payment (or using offline payment method). If users choose to use an online payment method such as PayPal, and do not make payment using PayPal, there will be no email notification

Maybe in the next release, I will develop a plugin to send notification for failed payment. Mean if someone completes the form but does not make payment, the system will send notification to admin so that admin knows about it and can contact them if needed. But right now, it is not supported

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul

• Techmistress
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #159963 by Techmistress
Replied by Techmistress on topic Payment Confirmation Step
Oh, I see. Now I get what the confirmation is for.

However, I am still able to make an order and then NOT pay when I get to the paypal page, and the admin gets the email of a new order.

Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #159964 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

No, I do not have any clue how it could happens. In Payment Form extension, email will only be sent if :

1. Users completed payment using online payment method such as PayPal, Stripe

2. Or users use offline payment method

If users use PayPal and do not make payment, no email will be sent as you said. Are you sure you are using our Payment Form extension? If Yes, please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of the site and link to the form so that I can check it

Regards,

Tuan

• Techmistress
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #159971 by Techmistress
I think I solved the problem:

I had “All payment methods” selected for the form. When I deleted that and added each payment method individually, then it worked as expected - The Admin showed the submission, with a Not Paid designation, and no emails were sent.

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #159978 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Honestly, I don't think that's the root reason of the issue. As I said, the extension does not send email as you described, and that does not depend on payment methods setting for each form

Regards,

Tuan

• Techmistress
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #160008 by Techmistress
Thank you for letting me know. I was also the one who had a bizarre error when each form had a different payment method. All I can think of is that there was a conflict with another extension. Everything is working as expected now. I

will try a test and put it back to All Payment Methods and see if it breaks again. Just to make sure it was some other issue other than Payment Form (which it must e!).

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #160015 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK @Techmistress . Please continue setting up the extension. If you have questions or need help, please don't hesitate to ask us

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc