Questions about Payment Form extension

Notification

• wolfsauge
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #3954 by wolfsauge
Notification was created by wolfsauge
Hello,
How can I make Paymentform send me a notification, when someone orders?
I was already about to uninstall the extension, since nobody seems to make use of it. Now I saw there was one order - only three weeks ago, which is very embarrassing for a seller.
Is there anything I can do?
I do not log in everyday, because I am used to my Joomla installation letting me know when something happens (like new registration, forum post, guestbook post etc.), so it took three weeks until I found out about the order.
Best wishes
Dirk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #3955 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Notification
Hello Dirk

When someone makes payment to you via Payment Form, you will receive email notification from the extension . Also, a confirmation email will be sent to user who makes the payment . That's how the extension works .

Thanks ,

Tuan

• wolfsauge
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #3956 by wolfsauge
Replied by wolfsauge on topic Re: Notification
admin wrote:

When someone makes payment to you via Payment Form, you will receive email notification from the extension . Also, a confirmation email will be sent to user who makes the payment . That's how the extension works .

Hi Tuan,

I understand that this is how it is supposed to work, but unfortunately it does not. I sent my apologies to the customer, but have not yet received any reply (perhaps I will never), so I do not know whether she received the notification or not. I just know I did not. What could be the reason for this, what would I have to change?

Best wishes

Dirk

More
13 years 8 months ago #3959 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Dirk

There are some reasons which can cause this problem :

1. If you see the payment record showed from back-end , then It is something with your mail server .

2. If you don't see the payment record from back-end, then it is something with Paypal IPN . Usually, it is because you are using a Joomla extension like RS Firewall . I have looked at the code of this extension and found that it has a bug which prevent IPN message from Paypal and Payment Form doesn't receive IPN notification, the order is not validated and users don't receive email .

Please submit a support ticket contains FTP account + Joomla administrator account of your site so that I can check it for you .

Thanks ,

Tuan

• wolfsauge
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #3960 by wolfsauge
Hi,

Thanks for replying.

The point is, no payment has been made, only an order was placed. I offer to pay offline and this customer chose to. This is what 90% of the customers do (at least in my webshop on another site) and I do, too. Paypal is faaaar too expensive, any other payment is better. Paypal is only useful when someone wants to send money from a country in which the banks are not connected.
Within the EU any money transfer between bank accounts is free, so why would anyone use Paypal?
Perhaps this is an idea for Paymentform: make wire transfer possible. In the Netherlands we have got a useful payment system called iDeal, the integration would be a great improvement to Paymentform.
I do not know if the customer received a notification.
No idea if the reason could be the mailserver, usually I receive notifications from other extensions like Kunena, so it works with one exception.
I have no extension like RS Firewall.

Best wishes
Dirk

More
13 years 8 months ago #3961 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Dirk

If you use Offline payment option, then there is no problem with third party extension like RS Firewall . Could you please send me your site information so that I can check it ? The extension use Joomla core sendMail function and it works well (It works for all other customers so far) . In this case, please send me your site information so that I can check it for you .

It should not take much hour to check and see the problem .

Thanks ,

Tuan

• wolfsauge
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #3970 by wolfsauge
Hi Tuan,

Could you give me your email?

Best wishes

Dirk

More
13 years 8 months ago #3971 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Dirk

My email is contact@joomdonation.com .

Thanks ,

Tuan

• wolfsauge
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #4360 by wolfsauge
Sorry, I give up.
The component does not work. I do not get any message and so do the customers. Only in the backend I can find orders and there the customer's message seems to be cut off.
I am going to uninstall paymentform.
Good luck in the future, perhaps one day you can make it work.
Best wishes
Dirk

More
13 years 7 months ago #4361 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Dirk

I am sorry you are having the issue. Could you please send me your site information so that I can check it ? I know it works for all other customers . If I cannot makes it work with thin 24 hours, I will send refund to you .

Thanks ,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc