Questions about Payment Form extension

Template Override - Changes Not Showing

• MyWorld
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 10 months ago #3555 by MyWorld
I'm trying to use the template override option. I used the path below but the changes I made are not showing. What did I miss?

/public_html/templates/mytemplate/html/com_pmform/views/form/default.php

Thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #3559 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re:Template Override - Changes Not Showing
Hi

Infact, the extension support overridde template itself, so you can overridde the template by following these below step :

- Create a new layout, for example, sample.php (just copy the file default.php and save it with new name in the same folder) .

- When edit / add new form, please enter the layout you want to use (in this case, enter sample) in the layout attribute .

After that, the form will use the new template .

The way you are using is handled by Joomla core code . Normally, It works but I don;t know why It doesn't work for you site. If you send me your site information , I am happy to check it for you .

Thanks ,

Tuan

• MyWorld
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 10 months ago #3561 by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Re:Template Override - Changes Not Showing
Thanks Tuan. Your instructions does not seem to work either. It's fairly straightforward so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

I copied default.php from here: /public_html/components/com_pmform/views/form/tmpl/

I renamed it to paymentform.php and uploaded to here: /public_html/components/com_pmform/views/form/tmpl/

Then in the "Form Layout" box I add the NEW template name (paymentform). I tried it with and without the .php at the end but no luck.

What did I miss?

• MyWorld
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 9 months ago #3755 by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Re: Template Override - Changes Not Showing
I need to get the template override to work as I don't want to have to update the payment form whenever there is a new version. Would you mind reading my posts to make sure that I'm not missing anything in order to get this to work and if I am can you let me know what I'm missing.

Again, this is the path to the override: /public_html/templates/mytemplate/html/com_pmform/views/form/default.php

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #3802 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

Thanks Tuan. Your instructions does not seem to work either. It's fairly straightforward so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

I copied default.php from here: /public_html/components/com_pmform/views/form/tmpl/

I renamed it to paymentform.php and uploaded to here: /public_html/components/com_pmform/views/form/tmpl/

Then in the "Form Layout" box I add the NEW template name (paymentform). I tried it with and without the .php at the end but no luck.

What did I miss?

I am sorry . It doesn't work because there was a small issue with the code (I fixed it on my local development but didn't upload it to server) .

I just updated the file to your server , so the template override will work as well .

Thanks ,

Tuan
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.

More
13 years 9 months ago #3803 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

I need to get the template override to work as I don't want to have to update the payment form whenever there is a new version. Would you mind reading my posts to make sure that I'm not missing anything in order to get this to work and if I am can you let me know what I'm missing.

Again, this is the path to the override: /public_html/templates/mytemplate/html/com_pmform/views/form/default.php

I checked your site and found that you uploaded the layout to the wrong folder and the override doesn't work . You need to upload the layout to :

/public_html/templates/mytemplate/html/com_pmformform/default.php .

Please note that views has been removed from the path .

Thanks ,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc