Questions about Payment Form extension

Integration with Community Builder

More
13 years 10 months ago #3278 by jross
Integration with Community Builder was created by jross
Hi, I have just purchased PF and want to get started with my configuration. We are a club and all our member's profiles are stored in CB. There are about 30 CB fields in each member's profile. When setting up the fields in PF, do I match them exactly to the fields in CB to make the integration work? I couldn't find any documentation so over to you. A quick "how to" setup the CB integration would be appreciated.

Also, do have a quick description of the plugins and modules that come in the zip file? I can see one relates to CB and I have loaded the PF form module already. What is pmform?

JR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 10 months ago #3279 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re:Integration with Community Builder
Hi

First of all , sorry for lack of document . I am still working on new version and thought that It is easy to use, so I haven't had time to work on the document yet .

Here are my answers to your questions :

do I match them exactly to the fields in CB to make the integration work

The purpose of CB integration in this case is that It allow auto-populate basic form fields (first name, last name, address....) with data stored in user profile (CB or JomSocial) . So you should map the field name correct , for example :

First Name : cb_firstname
Address : cb_address

When user access to the form, if they logged in, the data from these basic fields will be get from his profile and auto-filled in to the fields on the form so that users won't have to enter it manually . Hope the explanation is clear .

Of course , this setting only need if you are using Community Buider on your site . It is optional .

do have a quick description of the plugins and modules that come in the zip file? I can see one relates to CB and I have loaded the PF form module already. What is pmform

The packages contains some modules, plugins and a component :

- com_pmform.zip : It is the main component.
- mod_pf_forms.zip : Display list of forms in a module . users can click on form title to access the form .
- plug_cb_pmhistory.zip : Is a CB Plugin to display payment history of a user in his CB profile .(Only need to install if you are using CB) .
- plug_js_history.zip : Is a JomSocial plugin to display payment history of a user in his JomSocial Profile .
- pmform.zip : This is a content plugin to display a form within an article . To display the form, using the syntax {pmform FORM_ID}, for example entering {pmform 2} into an article will display form with ID = 2 within the article .

Please let me know if you have any other questions . And thanks so much for purchasing the extension .

Regards,
Tuan

More
13 years 10 months ago #3280 by jross
Replied by jross on topic Re:Integration with Community Builder
Thanks for the prompt reply. Hope you don't mind but I think there will be a few questions while I get going.

First up, with regards to the CB integration, you mention the basic CB fields. Are these the only fields that integrate with the "standard" installation?

First name
Last name
Organization
Address
Address2
City
State
Zip
Country
Phone
Fax

I need to integrate about another 20 fields - for example, Membership Type, Age, Postal Address, Mobile Tel, etc,etc.... Can this be done with a standard installation or would it require customisation of the component? All these additional fields need to appear on our Membership Renewal form

JR

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 10 months ago #3281 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re:Integration with Community Builder
Hi

In the current version , CB integration only allows integrate the basic fields as you listed . In the next version, I will improve it so that custom fields can also get value from CB Profile . The next version was planned to be released next week .

Thanks ,

Tuan

More
13 years 10 months ago #3283 by jross
Replied by jross on topic Re:Integration with Community Builder
Thanks for the response. I have a very tight client deadline to meet and might need to get this coded earlier than within 1-2 weeks. Is it a major job? How far advanced are you?

I also have another question as well. I'm in the process of building the membership renewal form at www.mccraeyc.com.au/index.php?option=com...view=form&Itemid=210

You can see there are 3 fields that fee fields - Membership Type, Boat Registration and Yard Storage. When a member selects an option from each of these fields, is it possible to sum all of the values and provide a total for payment?

For example, if these options were selected -

Senior $200
First Boat $88
Mast up over 4.5m $250

Total for payment $538

Can the total of $538 be carried over onto the payment page for processing? Would this require custom coding?

JR

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc