Questions about Payment Form extension

Re: Authorize.net Plugin not working - Error 13

• rlweakley@gmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #12789 by rlweakley@gmail.com
Authorize.net Plugin not working - Error 13 was created by rlweakley@gmail.com
Hello,

While testing the two forms in our website, the Authorize.net plugin gives me this error:

Your payment was not processed. Please try again.
Reason

(TESTMODE) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.
Reason Response Code 13
Reason Response Text The merchant API Login ID is invalid or the account is inactive.
Click Here to try to process payment again

I contacted Authorize.net and confirmed that the API Login ID and Transaction Key were correct.

Here is some other information they provided:

This error indicates you are either posting the incorrect API Login ID within your script, connecting to a server that does not recognize your account, or using an account which is inactive. Please follow these steps to ensure that your software is connecting correctly:

If you are posting your transaction requests to the gateway URLs test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll or certification.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll and you are using an account given to you by an Authorize.Net Reseller or from Authorize.Net Sales, you may encounter this error. The gateway URLs mentioned above only work with specific test accounts, available upon request by completing the form at developer.authorize.net/testaccount/ .

Try posting your transaction request to secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll instead. If you need to submit a test transaction, you may do so by setting the field x_test_request to "TRUE". You may then remove x_test_request or set it to "FALSE" when you have completed your testing.

Note: If you are integrating your Web site with Advanced Integration Method (AIM) using PHP, please be aware that the gateway URL is listed twice--once in the cURL configuration, and once again in the main body of the code. Using the test gateway URL in the cURL section of the code creates an Error 13 as cURL would connect to the incorrect server.

If the account is active and the API Login ID is correct, you can use the Data Validation URL to see which variables are being passed. For more details, please visit developer.authorize.net/tools/datavalidation .

Website: www.cakeboyinc.com/alpha , cake payments button on top menu.

Thank you,

Rob Weakley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #12790 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Authorize.net Plugin not working - Error 13
Hi Rob

I am sure that it is just something with the setting of your Authorize.net account :

1. It does works with Live Mode .

2. If you want to test it in Test Mode, please use the Authorize.net test account below :

API Login : 2Sht9m67PD

Transaction Key : 35J2rq5d6LtJ2Yg6

and It will work fine !

Tuan

More
11 years 6 months ago #20319 by ajmusic24
Replied by ajmusic24 on topic Re: Authorize.net Plugin not working - Error 13
Hi Rob,

Thanks Tuan for your response. I think what Tuan is saying is to use the API Login and Transaction Key that he's provided for testing only since his id's are tied to a developers account as mentioned in your message from Authorize.net only to make sure that the component works. Then when done testing the component you will need to set the Authorize.net payment plugin within the component to "Live Mode" and change the API Login and Transaction Key back to the what Authorize.net provided you and keep your Authorize.net in "Test Mode" in order to test your Authorize.net transactions.

- AJ

More
1 year 11 months ago #151701 by EmediaWeb
Replied by EmediaWeb on topic Re: Authorize.net Plugin not working - Error 13
Just wanted to let you know that I've just encountered the same issue and, while researching it, I came across this thread. I used the credentials you provided and now my test mode is working.

Thanks,

Gene Crawford

More
1 year 11 months ago #151703 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Authorize.net Plugin not working - Error 13
OK Gene. Please continue setting up and using the extension. If you have questions or need help, please don't hesitate to ask us

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc