Error message turning an 'employee' into a resource

• Nigel Kendrick
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #167105 by Nigel Kendrick
As I am working through learning how to setup everything, I have tried to modify an 'employee' from a named person to being a room (resource). I can change the description fields, but if I try Select user --> No user and save the form, I get:

An error has occurred.

0 Incorrect integer value: '' for column `joomladb_tts`.`jmtts_app_sch_employee`.`user_id` at row 1

I can see why it might be undesirable to modify an object in this way to preserve historic data, and it might be preferable just to unpublish the object and create a new one, but the error could be trapped.

Thanks.

Last edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Nigel Kendrick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #167106 by Mr. Dam
Hi Nigel,
Please select one Joomla user for your employee
Thanks
Dam

• Nigel Kendrick
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #167165 by Nigel Kendrick
Replied by Nigel Kendrick on topic Error message turning an 'employee' into a resource
Hi, that's not what I wanted to do. I wanted to rename an 'Employee' to be a room and detach them from the Joomla user, but removing the user from the employee entry throws an error.

In the end I just deleted the employee and created a new 'entity' representing the room, not associated with a user.

I am sorted, but the bug remains and although it's not affecting me, I wanted to let you know so that it could be trapped properly if someone else tries to detach a joomla user from an employee.
Last edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Nigel Kendrick.

Moderators: Mr. Dam