Bug in OS Service Booking concerning receiving reminders

• P. Swemmelaar
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago #146218 by P. Swemmelaar
Hi Dam,

I found a bug in OS Service Booking. If you want to sent reminders and in the configuration "Allow customers to select option to receive reminders or not" is set to NO, the application automatically set the field "receive_reminder" to 0.

This means that the administrator of the application has no choice what the default value will be for the reminders. 

I suggest that you somewhere in the configuration add a field where the admin can put the default value for the field "receive_reminder".

For example, my customer always want to sent a reminder. With latest changes clients of my customer are complaining they do not get a reminder anymore.

Best Regards,
​​​​​​​Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #146237 by Mr. Dam
Hi Pete,
Actually, there is no change in Reminder configuration in latest OS Services Booking version, administrator still can enable/disable reminder feature. Could you please explain more details about the problem?
Thanks
Dam

• P. Swemmelaar
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago #146397 by P. Swemmelaar
In configuration I did disable that customers can decide if they want to receive a reminder or not. Before it meant that customers would receive a reminder.

When a customer book an appointment in the database table  app_sch_orders  the field "receive_reminder" is set to 0.

The cron-job select only orders where the field receive_reminder is set to 1. ($query = "Select a.* from #__app_sch_order_items as a"
            ." inner join #__app_sch_orders as b on b.id = a.order_id"
            ." where a.start_time <= '$reminder' and a.start_time > '$current_time' and b.receive_reminder = '1' and b.order_status = 'S' and a.id not in (Select order_item_id from #__app_sch_cron)";

This results that a customer never receive a reminder.

More
2 years 7 months ago #146406 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
We confirm the issue, please re-download and install OS Services Booking to get resolved issue
Thanks
Dam

• P. Swemmelaar
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #146408 by P. Swemmelaar
Hi Dam,

After I did install the new version (2.14.3) the sent-button on the confirmation form does not work anymore.

See the error in Chrome Developertools, shown in the image.

Also something is changed in the function sendEmail in the file common.php. In version 2.14.0 emails were still sent, but in version 2.14.2 (reminder-) emails are not sent anymore

Best regards,
Peter

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by P. Swemmelaar.

More
2 years 7 months ago #146410 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
Please clear browser cache and test it again
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam