I have no employees so need a solution

• Stephen Daly
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #136498 by Stephen Daly
I have no employees so need a solution was created by Stephen Daly
Hi all,

I've installed the OS Services Booking with no issues however I have tried and tried to get a working solution to meet my requirements.

Basically I have ten football pitches that are available, for example pitch 1 and pitch 2 both should have the following availability:

Tuesday 2 slots - 17:00 - 18:30 and 19:00 - 20:30

There are no employees required for these pitches i.e. a football coach books pitch 2 from 19:00 - 20:30 and there is no employee (note we would have a multiple to multiple relationship if we were to assign coaches to pitches so not going down this route).

I have no Venue setup as there is only one physical venue. I created two services - 'Pitch 1' and 'Pitch 2'. I setup custom working times as per above for Tuesdays.

I read in these forums that OS Services Booking must have Employees so I created one employee only called 'Availability'. I then went into the Booking Configuration tab and ensured 'Employee can work in multiple services in the same time' was set to 'Yes' thinking this would be the working solution.

Therefore I expected a user to visit the site and be able, for example, to book 'Pitch 2' on a Tuesday from 19:00 - 20:30.

What is happening is that the user only see one time slot when they select the next working Tuesday, any other Tuesday has no time slots. What I am expecting is that user see two time slots for every Tuesday going forward.

I appreciate all of the above sounds like a configuration error but I have spent a couple of hours on this now but can't get ten simple football pitches with multiple time slots per days.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #136506 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic I have no employees so need a solution
I've answered you through Ticket system
Thanks
Dam

• Stephen Daly
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #136616 by Stephen Daly
Replied by Stephen Daly on topic I have no employees so need a solution
So for anybody else trying to do a setup where they have no physical employees, here's the setup I created with the support of Mr Dam . . .

No venue setup required as there is only on venue.

One service setup called 'Book a Pitch'

One Employee setup for every pitch i.e. the resource is not a physical employee, employee is the physical pitch.

Configuration:
In 'setup working time' from dashboard menu, I entered the opening hopurs per day that was in scope eg. Tuesday 17:00 - 21:00.
In configuration >> Booking Configuration, I set my booking slots to 90 mins (see 'Step in minutes').
On same configuration page I set 'Employee can work in multiple services in the same time' to No i.e. If Pitch 1 is booked at 17:00 for 90 minutes then Pitch 1 can't be booked for anything else during that time.

Employee
I setup up Employee, remember this is my football pitch, as Pitch 1. Added some notes e.g. pitch size, no dogs allowed, etc. Then in Services I clicked on the calendar icon for setup. In hear I simply ticked what days the pitches were available, bear in mind that these time must be inside the the working time you previsouly setup (mnetioned above in this post).

Front End
After that I just did the usual menu options for the Front End andplayed around with the back end settings until I was happy with the Front End.
I also setup custom field to allow users to select if it was a 'match' or 'training' and also a drop down to choose which team they were from a predefied list.

Conclusion
This is a great module once you understand, or have the configuration setup as you want it. It has taken me a couple of hours to get where I am hence why I've shared the info above os hoepfully it will save someone time.

However my biggest flaw, and I should have noted all requirements first, is that as an adminisitrator fo the Pitch Bookings above I should have one calendar view that I can view to see who's playing where e.g. a horizontal timeline that I can slide left to right through and with Pitches 1 through to 10 of who's booked it. This extensions does not have a calendar view, regardless of style, that shows a calendar of who's booked what unless anyone can show me evidence of it working?

Moderators: Mr. Dam