Reactivation for Expired Subscriber

• Andrew Crossan
  • Topic Author
More
2 weeks 1 day ago - 2 weeks 1 day ago #166227 by Andrew Crossan
Reactivation for Expired Subscriber was created by Andrew Crossan
On our site currently, when someone buys a subscription, they move from the public/guest access level to registered.

When the subscription expires, they no longer have the ability to login so they can't log into renew. As their email address is already in the system, they'd need to use a new email address to create an alternative account.

It's somewhat addressed here: docs.joomdonation.com/membershippro/joomla-groups-integration but not as clearly as it could be.

I ended up adding a "Expired" Joomla! User Group and an "Expired" Joomla! Access Level.  In the Global Permissions, I set the "Site Login" permissions for the "Expired" level to "Allowed."

Under each "Joomla Group Settings" in each active plan plan I added "Expired" as a group that they would leave on activation and join on expiration.

I did change the redirection of the "login" menu item to the account information to a "Membership Pro - User Profile" menu item that I set to access level to "Public."

We have our "Join" button at the top of the page using the "Guest" access level, so it was hidden from "registered" users, but remains visible for "Expired" users now.

Am I missing anything or did anyone have a better way to do this?
Last edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by Andrew Crossan. Reason: additional info.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 weeks 1 day ago #166228 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Reactivation for Expired Subscriber
Hi Andrew

Normally, you should create a new user group to assign paid subscribers to when they subscribe for your plan instead of assigning to Registered user group. So something like :

- When user subscribe for your plan, they will be assigned to both Registered user group and Paid Members user group
- When their subscription is expired, they will be removed from Paid Members user group and still be in the Registered user group

By doing that, they will still being logged in when their subscription is expired. If you want to restrict something to active subscribers on your site, that should be restricted to Paid Members user group instead of Registered user group

That's the best and recommended way to handle this requirement

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.