Problem with PHP 8

• Andrea Delton
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #155110 by Andrea Delton
Problem with PHP 8 was created by Andrea Delton
On the forum I read Tuan saying that Membership Pro is compatible with PHP 8.x. I have a development site with PHP 7.4 and everything works fine.
Locally, on XAMPP with PHP 8, I'm testing Membership and it doesn't work: as soon as I proceed with any save the invoice disappears, any Editor you use (both JCE and Code Mirror) and for different versions of PHP (use 8.0.1, 8.0.25 , the 8.1.12).
Is there a solution (otherwise I can't transfer to hos with PHP 8, in production)?

Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Andrea Delton.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #155111 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Problem with PHP 8
Here I am using PHP 8.1 in development and do not see the issue (and base on our report, there are other customers use PHP 8.1, too)

So maybe it causes by something else. If you can setup the site to a server which uses PHP 8, I will be happy to check

Regards,

Tuan

• Hilmar Schneider
More
1 year 4 months ago #155316 by Hilmar Schneider
Replied by Hilmar Schneider on topic Problem with PHP 8
I'm also migrating from php 7.4 to 8.0. The issues revolve around what php modules are loaded. In my case I had to replace mysqli.so with nd_mysqli.so and add clos_ssa.so. This is all controlled by my hosting company and I don't know what XAMPP is loading. In Joomla's System Information there is a PHP Information tab that lists all the modules and parameters.

When things go wrong I'll get an error message in the system messages pane (determined by your Joomla template) or a long error message in the browser tab title (Firefox).

You can also create a file info.php that contains the line
<? phpinfo();?>

Just copy it to your site root to see what's loaded.

More
1 year 4 months ago #155320 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Problem with PHP 8
Thanks Hilmar for sharing your experience.