#__osmembership_subscribers not linking data from custom fields

• Jeff Stone
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #149036 by Jeff Stone
I have the same Joomla set up on 2 separate live servers - My subscriber's table isn't syncing/pulling all the data from my #__osmembership_fields table on one of these sites, but is from the other... this is crucial as I want to set one of the fields from the subscriber's table as a unique field.

I have custom Joomla User Fields, and OS Membership custom fields mapped to the Joomla custom fields, but when I look in the #__osmembership_fields table those fields aren't there?

Do I have to manually add the missing columns to the subscriber's table? or can I export my #__osmembership_fields table that has all the fields and then import that table into the site that is missing them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jeff Stone
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #149038 by Jeff Stone
Update...

So I was able to manually add my 2 columns into the #__osmembership_subscribers table, and that seems to work so far...

My test setup that had the custom fields from the #__osmembership_fields table showing in the #__osmembership_subscribers table I had set up that Joomla site slightly differently. Both are Joomla 3.10.4 Sites and running the following extensions: JCE Editor, Kunena Forums, OS Membership Pro, Akeeba Backup Pro, and SecurityCheck Pro - all running the most recent versions. Originally on the test setup, I had installed and set up the extensions in a different order than when I set up the final setup (I installed and setup OS Membership Pro very last) so I am wondering if that's why my #__osmembership_subscribers table has different data columns (missing) than my test setup, and if I updated or added any (new) fields, it would not reflect in the subscriber's table

More
2 years 2 months ago #149044 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
The #__osmembership_subscribers table only store data for core fields (fields which generated by the system when install for the plans). For other fields which are setup by yourself, it is stored in different table #__osmembership_field_value

If you want to have data for additional fields stored in #__osmembership_subscribers table, the fields will need to be added to that table. You can use this tool membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/tools#...-sort-and-searchable

Hope it helps

Tuan

• Jeff Stone
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #149047 by Jeff Stone
Hi Tuan,

Thanks for the reply... The method you linked in your post does not work, I am running SecurityCheck Pro on my site, and I get a 404 page not found error when I try that, even when I am already logged into my admin section of the site...

On another note, I created a unique index on #__osmembership_subscribers table called idx_cb_call_handle from (area_code_cb_call and cb_call_handle) 2 of my custom fields... area_code_cb_call is a dropdown list of area codes, and cb_call_handle is the users CB Handle - the unique index works to prevent users from having the same CB Handle in the same area code, but allows users to have the same CB Handle if a different area code was selected (which is the way I want it) problem is it doesn't do the same field validation as username, and just throws a generic MySQL Error: Duplicate entry '613-Sample Handle' for key 'idx_cb_call_handle' which doesn't really indicate to the user which form field failed when submitting the registration form.

I noticed in my test server that I was running, it added my custom fields I created to the #__osmembership_subscribers table, but it did not add them to the #__osmembership_subscribers table in my final server - any idea as to why it didn't add them?

Thanks,

Jeff
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Jeff Stone.

More
2 years 2 months ago #149060 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

I noticed in my test server that I was running, it added my custom fields I created to the #__osmembership_subscribers table, but it did not add them to the #__osmembership_subscribers table in my final server - any idea as to why it didn't add them?

I have no clue. If you export data from your dev site and import it into final server site database, then all fields should be moved

Tuan

• Jeff Stone
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #149067 by Jeff Stone
Oh, one key thing, both servers are on a live hosting platform, and I had to basically attempt the setup 3 different times, I forgot the last time was a fresh install from scratch with OS Membership Pro being the very last extension I installed.I just found it strange that I was getting very different results from each installation/setup.

Just to clarify, if you create custom fields, do they, or do they NOT get added to the #__osmembership_subscribers table?

Also, it would be nice if there was a way to set a custom field as Unique when creating it, like username or email field does.

More
2 years 2 months ago #149078 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Jeff

1. When you add custom fields, it won't be added into #__osmembership_subscribers . If you want it to be added, you will have to use this tool membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/tools#...-sort-and-searchable

2. We do not support unique rule at the moment. Will consider supporting it in the future

Tuan

• Jeff Stone
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #149079 by Jeff Stone
/administrator/index.php?option=com_osmembership&task=tool.make_field_search_sort_able&field_id=nn does not work

More
2 years 2 months ago #149081 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
No clue why it is not working. You can submit a support ticket sending me super admin account of your site so that I can check it directly on your site. That tool has been there for long time

Regards,

Tuan

• Jeff Stone
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #149082 by Jeff Stone
Figured it out, was my .htaccess protection in SecurityCheck Pro extension - disabled it temporarily and was able to run that tool