Problems with users not activating after paypal completes

• Chad Criswell
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #146187 by Chad Criswell
After a new user goes through the process of filling out the membership form and submitting it takes them to paypal, they pay, and are returned to the site's thank you page where it says that the user can now log into the site using the username and password they selected.  However, the user does not appear in Membership Pro and cannot log in.  He does show up in the Joomla user manager, but there he is marked as unapproved and not enabled.  The system also does not seem to be sending uout any emails to the admins or the new user even though PayPal sends us the payment notification.

The only way we have been able to work around this is that once we see the payment from paypal we have to do the following.  Please note #4-5 especially below as I wonder if this is a clue maybe?1. We assign the new user a temporary password. 
2. Go to the website front end
3. Log in with the user name and the temporary password. 
4.  Go to the membership tab of the user and click on the membership choice that the user originally made and scroll down to payment plan and choose offline payment. 
5. Click on Subscribe or Process subscription or whatever. 

At that point I can go into the back end and the name will now show up in membership pro.

I click on the name, change the payment plan back to PayPal and mark the account active and SAVE.  At last the application will be saved where it is supposed to be so that the person can log onto the website.  Of course I would then need to contact the member to ask him to log in with the temporary password and to disregard the automatic email about paying dues offline.When you enroll, it appears that all has gone well when it really has not.  For whatever reason, the application is not saved and counted in Membership Pro and a person cannot log onto the website until it is fixed.  I don’t know what caused this glitch, but it has been like this for more than a year.  

Any idea what setting might have been changed that would cause this on all four of our membership plans?

Any chance that this is a glitch in the paypal payment plugin and that it might need to be updated?  I don't recall ever updating it even though we keep Membership Pro updated each time a new one comes out.

Thank you for your assistance.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Chad Criswell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #146188 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Chad

Could cause by the communication between PayPal and Membership Pro. See membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/basic-...hooting-instructions for troubleshooting instructions and submit a support ticket give us the requested information so that we can help checking and solving it

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.