Display members based on custom fields

More
3 years 1 week ago #142869 by Mark
How do I display a list of members that all have the same data in a custom field?

Thanks,
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 week ago #142889 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Display members based on custom fields
Hello Mark

Unfortunately, the extension does not support this feature

Tuan

More
3 years 1 week ago #142898 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Display members based on custom fields
That is a shame and surprising.

This really seems like a good extension but the lack of control over the front display is the biggest issue I have with this extension.

Even the default settings really do not display correctly and you have no control over this too, unless you code.

More
3 years 1 week ago #142899 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Mark

Sometime, extension might not have all the features you need, so customization will be needed. The main focus of Membership Pro is handling membership, subscription, and giving subscribers access to restricted resources

It is not focus on displaying data, so it does not have the feature you need. If you want to have flexible control with display data, maybe a different kind of extension will meet your need better

In case you don't like Membership Pro and don't want to use it, you can try to find and use a different extension and in this case, We will refund the money of your purchase

Regards,

Tuan

More
3 years 1 week ago #142900 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
So I spent sometime tonight to work on Membership Pro to allow you to handle this requirement. You can update your site to latest package of Membership Pro which I sent to you via support ticket. Then edit the menu item you created to display members list, there is a new tab called Members Data SQL Filter which allow you to enter SQL Command to filter data which will be displayed on the page. For your need, you can use this kind of SQL Command:
Code:
tbl.id IN (SELECT subscriber_id FROM #__osmembership_field_value WHERE field_id = 18 and field_value="East")

Replace 18 with ID of Region custom field (assume that this is not a core field)

If it is a core field like first_name, last_name..., the SQL command could be simpler
Code:
tbl.first_name="Tuan" AND tbl.last_name="Pham Ngoc"

Something like that. See this attached screenshot to see the setting I am talking about

Tuan
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mary

More
3 years 1 week ago #142903 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Display members based on custom fields
That worked perfectly. 

Thank you so much!

Mark

More
3 years 1 week ago #142918 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great. Thanks for confirming. But I have to say again: Sometime, the extension won't provide all the features you need, so you will need to be prepared to customize the extension to have it works in the way you want if needed

Tuan