Admin Approval Before Gaining Access To System

• charles
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 10 months ago #134685 by charles
Ok it be a while since I used Membership Pro and I am not sure if this feature was apart of the program before I switched, But I would like to know how can I setup Membership Pro to let admin receive payment first before giving a user access to content. after reviewing your documents I didn't see an option that allowed the Admin or Website Owner Approve an Members Request...

Simple Terms:

I have 3 plans:

Plan One: $250

Plan Two: $500

Plan Three: $1200

Plus a $20 Process Fee.

No Matter which plan a person selects I would like to approve it, meaning I would like to wait until I have received funds before I give someone full access to my website content.

I would like to know which plugin I would need to set in order to get the results I need?

Joomla has an option built into the User Section that allows me to approve each membership request and I need to how would I be able to carry this over to Membership Pro? Giving people instant access just doesn't work for me.

Also, can you please update you ordering system. I update my plans and had to go to pay-pal 3 different times! Adding an continue shopping option to your checkout system would save people time and money...

I need to make sure Funds have been transferred to my account before I give a person access!

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #134686 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Admin Approval Before Gaining Access To System
Hello charles

First of all, what payment method you are using to receive payment from your users?

Normally, after users made payment, their subscription will become active automatically (without admin has to approve it) and they can start accessing to your restricted content

I think that should work best. Why do you want to approve it?

Tuan

More
3 years 10 months ago #134687 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Admin Approval Before Gaining Access To System
To be more clear, the system will make sure payment is received before giving users access to content. So I don't think you have to change the workflow (you don't need to check and approve the subscription manually)

Tuan

• charles
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #134712 by charles
Yes we need this option because of the number of charge-back and fraud! Instant access is not an option for us. Each new membership request is vetted or checked. This help us to protect our members and ourselves.

So again, we would like to know which plugin or the process to implement a Admin Approval Option. Now the old program we used had a Admin Manual Option. Meaning we was able to review the request; approve it or deny it. Does Membership Pro offer this option?

If it does can you tell me which plugin I would have to edit...

Thanks

Ps When setting up a test account I notice the Free Account options and there is a section that states free account had to be set to Active or Pending?

Why are these options in this section? By leaving the option as it is (active) would that effect the overall plan? especially when a price has been set and time limit, but as you enter all the key information about the account
the free option on the rightside of the page have us puzzled? Do we select Active or Pending?
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by charles.

More
3 years 10 months ago #134721 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Charles

1. Membership Pro does not support Approve/Deny option. In your case, maybe change Joomla settings to allow approve user account before they can login would help. Go to Users -> Manage, click on Options button in the toolbar, set New User Account Activation parameter to Administrator

When you do that, every user account must be approved by admin before they can login. Could you please try?

2. For each plan, there is a setting called Free Plan Subscription Status which you can set to Pending or Active. However, it needs to be set for each plan and only works for free plan. For paid plan, subscription record will be active automatically as soon as payment is processed/completed

Tuan