automatic emails

• Alex Radin
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #134294 by Alex Radin
automatic emails was created by Alex Radin
So I am trying to understand what will happen before going live. We have a monthly recurring membership set up with a free trial for 14 days. At the end of the free trial their card will begin being billed automatically each month. We do not want them to have to go in and renew their subscription each month manually. I noticed in the backend reminder messages that there is an email that goes out with the subject line:

Your subscription for plan [PLAN_TITLE] will be expired in [NUMBER_DAYS] days

I am not wanting that to go out to every member on a recurring plan because it sounds like they need to do something to keep their subscription.

Then I noticed there is a "Recurring Subscription End Email" ... what is the difference and when do these get triggered. Our subscriptions are indefinite monthly so ... no end date ... trying to figure out how to set this up so that people are not getting emails sent at times I don't want them going out.

Also trying to figure out the difference between the email "Subscription for [PLAN_TITLE] plan confirmation" email on the General Message tab and the Subscription Approved email ... isn't the conformation email the same as the approved email?

I really only need one mail going out when they sign up so I may not be understanding the differences in the situation here ... so please let me know as I am sure there is a purpose for the two.

Also the "Subscription Payment User Email" I am assuming does not go out the first time they sign up since they get the "Subscription for [PLAN_TITLE] plan confirmation" does ... so I am assuming this "Subscription Payment User Email" only goes out each month their auto recurring payment goes through... correct?

Is there a way to enable and disable specific emails or do these all always go out. I didn't see a way to control this. My client is not wanting their subscribers to get sent tons of emails but does have specific ones they want sent so just trying to figure out a way to make this work.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #134301 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic automatic emails
Hello Alex

For your need, you just need to configure the plan to send reminder. Just set the following parameters to 0:

- Send First Reminder
- Send second Reminder
- Send Third Reminder

Then it will all be fine

Regards,

Tuan

• Alex Radin
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #134306 by Alex Radin
Replied by Alex Radin on topic automatic emails
Actually that won't work for our needs. We are using those to send reminders 2days before expiration and then 1 day after expiration and then a final email 1 week after expiration.

What I am trying to understand is what is thedifference between the Confirmation email vs the approve email and when does the approve email go out? With my tests it seems that the Confirmation email goes out as soon as the stripe payment goes through and the webhook returns the info to the site but what is the approve email for and when does that go out?

When does the "user recurring subscription cancel email" go out. Is it as soon as their payment gets declined if it does not go through? If so then I don't need to send the reminder email the day after expiration since this email will go out as soon as the payment does not go through. Basically I need to understand exactly when this email will go out.

Also please answer is the ""Subscription Payment User Email" basically a reciept for payment that goes out every time a succesful payment goes through? If so does the paid invoice get attached to this if we have invoicing turned on. Once I understand the answer to these questions we will be able to fix things and respond to the client and put the site live. Many Thanks.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Alex Radin. Reason: forgot a question