Membership Plan Recurring Subscriptions expiring.

More
5 years 6 days ago #124182 by Sarah
Hi Can anyone tell me how to set up recurring Subscriptions that don't expire after a month.
We have recurring monthly plans that are renewed each month via stripe automatically but they keep saying expired in Membership Pro after the second payment and so on. So each month I am having to go onto the subscriber and change his/her status to active.

Settings are as follows:
PLAN DETAIL
Subscription Length - 1 month
Expired Date - blank
Lifetime Membership? No
Enable Renewal No

RECURRING SETTINGS
Recurring Subscription Yes

Thanks for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 days ago #124186 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Plan Recurring Subscriptions expiring.
Hello

I think the error happens because you haven't configured Stripe Webhook under your Stripe account yet

Please follow instructions at stripe.com/docs/webhooks/setup , set Webhook URL in Stripe to domain.com/index.php?option=com_osmember...ent_method=os_stripe (of course, domain.com must be replaced with your site URL)

After that, monitor the next renewal. It should work well

Tuan

More
4 years 9 months ago #126521 by Chris Nitsopoulos
Replied by Chris Nitsopoulos on topic Membership Plan Recurring Subscriptions expiring.
Hi Tuan, sorry to bring up an old post. But I can't seem to find anywhere in the documention any mention of setting up Stripe Webhooks for recurring payments? I too have had the same issue because I never set up the webhooks as I didn't realise I had to.

Is this also required for PayPal recurring payments?

More
4 years 9 months ago #126522 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Plan Recurring Subscriptions expiring.
Hi Chris

It's mentioned in the payment plugin package:

3. If you use recurring subscription plans, you will need to login to your Stripe account, add a "Webhook URL" below:

domain.com/index.php?option=com_osmember...ent_method=os_stripe

(Of course, need to replace domain.com/ with your website url)

Stripe will also asks you for the event for webhook, just select invoice.payment_succeeded in this case

You do not need to do that for PayPal, just need this for Stripe

Tuan

More
4 years 9 months ago #126534 by Chris Nitsopoulos
Replied by Chris Nitsopoulos on topic Membership Plan Recurring Subscriptions expiring.
Thanks Tuan, I did a search for 'webhooks' instead of 'webhook' so that one didn't come up, my bad.

More
4 years 9 months ago #126540 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
No problem Chris

Please setup the webhook, then monitor the system and let us know if you need more help

Regards,

Tuan

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #127519 by Chris Nitsopoulos
Hi Tuan,

I am having issues with the webhook you posted above, they are all being ignored by Membership Pro even though Stripe reports a HTTP 200 code for that webhook url. The returned page though is a html page containing the joomla site default page.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Chris Nitsopoulos.

More
4 years 8 months ago #127520 by Chris Nitsopoulos
Actually I just checked the ipn_os_stripe.txt file and found it is actually being recorded, however I wonder if there might be a bug in the function. It returns this SQL command for each notification:

SELECT id FROM #__osmembership_subscribers WHERE subscription_id = 'sub_DNESqqaaEvRKM3' ORDER BY id LIMIT 1

Which when I run it manually it returns the first subscription for that user rather than the latest one. Should this have an ORDER BY id DESC to grab the latest subscription?

More
4 years 8 months ago #127526 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Chris

The code is correct. o need to change it to id DESC.

Is the subscription renewed/extended properly when payment happens?

Tuan

More
4 years 8 months ago #127536 by Chris Nitsopoulos
Hi Tuan,

It is not renewing/extending properly. I just checked the last 8 entries in the IPN log and none of them had been renewed.

I did get an email from the system to say there was an action however the email states the subscription was upgraded and the new expiry date doesn't change.

I will send you a support ticket with login details