Notify of changes to subscription profile

• DSmellie
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #62484 by DSmellie
Hi Tuan

The Recurring Payment profile integration is working well with PayPal - thank you for this update.

The subscriptions on our site include a couple of 'options' these have been setup as Custom Fields with Fee Values - set to add extra amounts to a basic recurring subscription amount.

When our clients log in to our site, and view their subscription profile, they can change/update these Custom Field settings - HOWEVER - I think these changes are not notified to the administrator ?
When saving the Profile - it appears that the PayPal Subscription is not updated, nor does it generate an email to notify us of the change.

Do you have any suggestions ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #62496 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Notify of changes to subscription profile
Hi

Right now, the system doesn't send an email to admin when someone update his profile. Also, if he changes fee option, it could not be updated in Paypal.

So in this case, I think we should not allow users to update fee options. How do you think about it ?

Tuan

• DSmellie
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #62588 by DSmellie
Replied by DSmellie on topic Notify of changes to subscription profile
Hi Tuan

Many thanks for reply.

I would suggest there are 3 options :
1. Not able to update fee option fields
2. Option to Hide the fee option fields on the User Profile page
3. Allow updates to fee option fields from front end, and simply generate email notification to admin (IDEAL)

Generally not a problem that the changes are not written back to PayPal - as we can log in to PayPal and update the subscription profile.

Would any of these be a possible update to the code, or would you have any suggested sort term solution ?

Thanks in advance