Registration Form too big?

• Frank K
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #58447 by Frank K
Registration Form too big? was created by Frank K
Hi,

My website is at: ktoolbox.com/subscription/rational-metho...icopa-county/sign-up

The the fields in the registration form are way too long. You can't see the warning messages.

How do I fix this?

Thank you,

Frank K.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #58457 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Registration Form too big?
Hi Frank

That causes by your site template css. Please look at the line 1695 of your site template css templates/ktoolbox2/css/template.css, you will see the css code below:
Code:
input[type="text"], input[type="password"], input[type="email"], input[type="url"], input[type="color"], input[type="date"], input[type="datetime"], input[type="datetime-local"], input[type="month"], input[type="number"], input[type="range"], input[type="tel"], input[type="time"], input[type="week"], textarea { width: 100%; padding: 4px 0; color: #41422E !important; font-size: 13px; font-family: Arial, 'Arial Unicode MS', Helvetica, Sans-Serif; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; text-shadow: none; }

Remove width: 100%; from above css code block and it will solve the issue

• Frank K
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #58458 by Frank K
Replied by Frank K on topic Registration Form too big?
Thank you very much. Actually, removing 100% didn't solve the problem. I had to change it to 70% or something and it works beautifully.

However, it messes up all my other pages. Is there any way I can override this 100% in your template?

Thank you,

Frank

More
9 years 2 months ago #58485 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Registration Form too big?
Hi Frank

There must be a way for overriding it within our component custom css. However, it will be faster for my template developer to do that than myself, so please submit a support ticket so that I can ask my template developer to look at it and solve it for you on tomorrow morning

Tuan

More
9 years 2 months ago #59603 by Roma
Replied by Roma on topic Registration Form too big?
You can control the width via CSS just for that form. All you have to do is get the form ID and the class. I am not familiar with the template your are using and whether you can create a custom css file to control the layout of your site, font, etc... but you can try this:.

form-horizontal .controls {
margin-left: 180px;
width: 50%;
}
If the above syntax works for you, you can adjust the width % accordingly.

Please note that I was able to change the input field width using the same CSS syntax above through my custom css!

I hope this helps!