Renewals show up as multiple subscribers in backen

• Ari
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #48648 by Ari
Hi,
When a member renews their subscription, then an additional entry is added for that member in the "Subscribers" view in the backend. For example, in the screenshot below, a user has registered, and then renewed his subscription.
When all the users on a site have renewed their subscriptions, this list will get quite messy with duplicates. This will, of course, get worse as time goes by, and will make this "Subscribers" view fairly unusable. Please see attached screenshot below.
Perhaps this list should show "Subscribers" as it is named? (Eg by Joomla's UserID or by Membership Pro's Membership ID?) It may then go on to show renewals for each member, or just a link to their subscription history.
I think this is a simple issue of putting the wrong database queries into this backend table, and should hopefully be an easy fix.

Thanks,
Ari

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Ari.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #48687 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Renewals show up as multiple subscribers in backen
Hi Ari

That's how it is designed to work. Each time users make a subscription, a new subscription record will be created. If you want to see unique record for each subscriber, you can access to User Profiles sub-menu item.

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ari

• Ari
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #48713 by Ari
OK, thanks.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #49054 by Ian Dalkin
We might have to revisit this one. I posted earlier that 3 failed transactions led to 3 appearances of the subscriber in the list of subscribers. Digging a bit deeper, I found that each of the failed transactions set the status of the Invoice to 'Paid' when this is clearly not the case. Even the list of transactions under the User Profiles Subscription history shows 'Paid' status. An invoice is a notice that you owe me money so in the case where the subscriber will send a cheque or make a direct bank deposit), the Invoice should not show 'Paid' under any circumstances unless there has been a successful transaction. I also need to ask whether there is any way of turning off the multiple appearance of the subscriber in the Subscriber List view, it should be shown as one subscriber with multiple transactions, not multiple line items of the same subscriber with multiple transactions. It also creates a new entry in the database and occurs multiple times in the CSV export (confusing to administrators). The view in User Profile Subscription history is the right one. Surely it can't be the case if a period of subscription is, say, 3 months and 4 years have gone by .. the Subscriber would appear in the list 12 times?
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Ian Dalkin.

More
9 years 7 months ago #49095 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Renewals show up as multiple subscribers in backen
Hi Ian

I will need to spend more time to think about this case carefully before giving you an exactly answer. However, if your description is correct, it must be a bug some where. When the transaction is failed, the system should not create any invoice and the invoice status could not be paid

Tuan

More
9 years 7 months ago #49126 by Ian Dalkin
With reference to the ticket I lodged, if you log in to the test site as administrator, you will be able to view these multiple records.