PayPal Integration

More
9 years 8 months ago #48579 by Raid
PayPal Integration was created by Raid
Hi,

After people will fill the Membership Pro form for subscription, the component will redirect the people to the PayPal page for the payment. I need to make the default payment option to be show (Pay with a Debit or Credit Card, or PayPal Credit) instead of (Pay with my PayPal Account). Please, see the attached image.

I contact PayPal about this and they said I should add some code to the component in somewhere to make this happen.

Any suggestion about what code and where to add it? I appreciate your support.

Thanks,
RAID
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #48592 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic PayPal Integration
Hi RAID

The system is now using Paypal payment standard provided by Paypal to process payment. It just pass information to Paypal for processing payment. As far as I can see, from Paypal documentation developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal...ndard_htmlvariables/ , I don't see any parameter used to turn on credit card payment at Paypal page. I believe Paypal handles this themself.

Could you please try to contact them again and help me to ask them to see what parameter we can use ? Please tell them that we are using Paypal Payments Standard.

From my experience, for some account, it display credit card payment options. Some other account, they don't and there are no clear documentations about it :(.

Tuan

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #48595 by Raid
Replied by Raid on topic PayPal Integration
Hi Tuan,

We spend 2 days with PayPal trying to see why we can not make the credit card option default. My partner was very upset about this.This is the story:

After couple hours talking to them. They said the Membership Pro use the Standard PayPal Payment Method (as you mentioned) and this method doesn't allow to change this option. They said we need to use a different component like "Express Checkout" that has the capability to make the credit card as a default payment. They didn't tell us what parameter we should use cause we talked to the product department. I think you guys will need to call them and talk with the developers and ask them about these parameters.

NOW, I think PayPal makes this a bit difficult. It seems they do not like to give those parameters. The reason why is because they have a different solution to make this happen. Guess what?! they said we could make the credit card as a default payment method by upgrading our PayPal account from Business account to the PRO account. By this upgrade we can not only make the credit card as default payment method, no, we can design that that page as we like. We can change, remove and create options. But, it will cost us $30 a month to upgrade to the PRO account! I think for this reason they do not put those parameters as a public document. They make a good money on this.

PayPal knows a lot of people asking about this option cause it is very important. A lot of subscribers do not like to create PayPal account just to pay. They would like to pay using the credit card and that's it. So, PayPal kind of make this option not as a default so they can make it more difficult to reach. Most subscribers will close this page without making a payment cause they do not like to create a PayPal account to make the payment. We accept to upgrade our account to the PRO cause the site is live and we are loosing clients.

It will be very nice if you guys will upgrade the Membership Pro component in future to make the credit card as a default method for payment by getting those parameters. (This option is very important)

I will try to call them again to see if I can get those parameter. However,I think it will be better you guys call the PayPal developers and talk to them.

Thanks for your support,
RAID
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Raid.

More
9 years 8 months ago #48596 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi RAID

I think Express Checkout is the way to go for now. However, to be honest, developing an express checkout payment plugin for Paypal is not an easy job and It will take time to implement it.

I will work serious on this payment plugin in the coming weeks. However, I am afraid of it could not be done in less than 4 or 6 weeks.

Not sure it will be too late for you or not.

Tuan

More
9 years 8 months ago #48597 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hmm. Seems easier than I thought. Maybe I could have it ready within next week. More and more customers are asking for it these days .

Tuan

More
9 years 8 months ago #48598 by Raid
Hi Tuan,

I like the Membership Pro more than Express Checkout. In addition, Express Checkout is not a Membership component. We need all the features in Membership Pro. I love it.

For now, we solved the problem by upgrading our PayPal account to the PRO. However, this is only one project that I used Membership Pro component. I might use it for more projects in future. So, working to upgrade it is highly recommended. I am gonna negotiation with a new client on the next week that he need the Membership on his site. This new project will start within 2 months from now. So, I think you will have enough time to upgrade it to make the credit card option as a default option. Believe me, this will be the first thing that my client will required :)

It is not too late. Working on this upgrade will makes not only me, everyone really happy. Please, keep me updated about the new release.

With my best wishes,
RAID

More
9 years 8 months ago #48599 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks RAID. You can rely on me. I am a good - hard working developer :). Will let you know when the plugin ready :).

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raid

More
9 years 8 months ago #48655 by Raid
Hi Tuan,

I talked to PayPal again today asking them about the credit card option parameters. They said that this parameters are different depending on the platform language and the technique in use. They said if you can search for (express checkout guest checkout) under PayPal developer site, you can read a couple articles and you can figure it out what parameter to use. Below the link for this, I hope this will help.

developer.paypal.com/docs/search?q=expre...ckout+guest+checkout

Also, they said if you will have difficulty to find those parameter, then we will need to open a support ticket. No one on PayPal can give us those parameter via phone. This option just in case the you will have difficulty to find those parameter.

I rely on you that you will figure it out without any problems :)

Thanks Tuan,

Best,
RAID

More
9 years 8 months ago #48658 by Derrick Thomas
Replied by Derrick Thomas on topic PayPal Integration
As with Raid, I too would like to see the credit card integration first without clients having create a PayPal account. We have potential clients that would rather send a cheque than create a PayPal account and this is a longer step. We spoke with PayPal as well and of course they wanted us to upgrade to Pro.

Regards,
Derrick
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raid

More
9 years 8 months ago #48659 by Raid
Hi Derrick,

Yes. I agree with you. My client now he is going made and he would like to make the default option is: credit card. I might gonna loss him for only this feature!

However, If we can figure it out together, that will be awesome.
I talked to PayPal to get this done. They gave me a link to makes this happen. Below is the link:

stackoverflow.com/questions/13891261/pay...-card-tab-by-default

It says. The only way to make this happen by adding those code:

SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole and LANDINGPAGE=Billing

While this is a very critical for me, could you please tell me where to add this code and how the code will be exactly? I will test it and let you know the result.

Also, I have paypal Tech. email that they gave me to keep communicate with them if I need and additional information. So, if you need something, please let me know and I will email PayPal.

Thanks,
RAID