Password requirements

More
9 years 8 months ago #48034 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Password requirements
Thanks Ari for helping me to test the password requirements issue. The issue you reported causes by a typing mistake in my code. I have it fixed in the latest code. Please drop me an email and I will send the updated version to you which fix this issue.

Many thanks for your help.

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ari
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #48187 by Ari
Replied by Ari on topic Password requirements
Tuan,
That seems to fix it for the password fields, but there is another error, and I have an additional suggestion.
1) Error: the password length requirement is being used to validate the Username field. See attached image below. It appears to just be the length requirement. I cannot register with a username that is shorter than the password length requirement. I can, however, register with a longer username.

2) Suggestion: it would be helpful for the users to see the password requirements from the start (instead of just being notified when their password attempt does not match the requirements). See simulated image below. It simulates a table placed above the password entry boxes, which gives the user the password complexity requirements. The right column changes text and color to indicate whether the password matches validation or not. (text: NO, YES, N/A) (color: green, red)
I'm not saying I require this -- your popup indicators seem sufficient -- but I'm suggesting it would make registration easier for users and make your component more attractive.

Thanks as always,
Ari
Attachments:

More
9 years 8 months ago #48201 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Ari

I will check the issue with username length issue today. For the password validation, for now, we will have it as how it is. will consider adding more improvements to it in the future. But for now, I think it is quite good :).

Regards,

Tuan

• Ari
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #48329 by Ari
OK, Tuan, thanks again for working on getting password requirements from the Joomla configuration. Will improve security of user accounts.
I haven't received the updated component with the fix as yet. When should this be released?

More
9 years 8 months ago #48348 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Ari

Really sorry. I was too busy in the last few days and haven't had a chance to work on it yet. You should receive it before this time on tomorrow.

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 8 months ago #48412 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Ari

Seems Joomla doesn't require username length settings. Do you think we need it ? Or we just make the username field required ?

Please give me your feedback so that I can implement it into the extension

Regards,

Tuan

• Ari
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #48413 by Ari
Tuan, I agree. I do not think the username field should have a minimum length setting.
Ari

More
9 years 8 months ago #48425 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Ari

I completed the modification. Please send me an email to tuanpn@joomdonation.com so that I can send the updated version to you.

Regards,

Tuan

• Ari
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #48427 by Ari
OK, thanks, I've sent the email.
Will this password validation be included in subsequent official releases of the membership pro component?

More
9 years 8 months ago #48429 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes, It will. Infact, it will be a core feature and I will make it available for all customers as soon as you confirm that it is working as expected.

Regards,

Tuan