Feedback, Issues & Wish List

• webgeeze
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 week ago #44746 by webgeeze
Feedback, Issues & Wish List was created by webgeeze
First off, I'd like to say this software is generally very good. I am a fan of the work Tuan does and with a little bit of tweaking here and there, this software could be excellent.

QUERIES:

1. If plans are set to renew yearly (rather than 365 days) for some reason the system renews a year + 1 day. I know we have a leap year issue, but if it's extending a plan by a year, I would expect it to be the same date next year. e.g 31.05.14 expiry date renewed on 1 year will extend it to 01.06.15. Each year it renews, it moves forward one day. *Fix: change from 1 year to 365 days!

2. If a user signs up for a plan for the first time, they are offered all payment options e.g paypal and offline payment. If the user chooses paypal, this is fixed and future renewals / upgrades are fixed to paypal. It would be better to offer all payment options available rather than fix to the original payment method. Just in case someone prefers to pay a different way next time.

PROBLEMS:

3. If a user bails out of payment page, there are no alerts. The membership plan sits in admin as pending, but there is no way for the user to pay for it. Neither user or admin are informed of a bailed payment plan. This makes it difficult to manage as connection troubles, time delays or any number of reasons can cause a bailed payment. There needs to be a method to settle an unpaid plan plus admin and user should be informed (maybe a link in the email notice).

4. When a user renews or upgrades a membership, the data is not pre-loaded into the form. This means, the user has to re-fill it all in again. If the user has not changed their details, it would be better to show the data and allow them to make changes or just proceed.

WISH LIST:

5. admin and user notifications of bailed orders / failure to complete in paypal

6. ability to show all payment options

7. pre-load user data in renewal forms

8. allow an option which allows an upgraded membership to retain the same date range as the original plan. I can see why it works how it does now as each plan can have different privileges, however it would a nice feature to allow upgrades to 'retain the original date'. If the original plan is 31.05.13 and expires 31.05.14 it would be nice to offer an upgrade which kept this and extended to 31.05.15. As it stands, the system adjusts the date on the day it's upgraded.

9. I would love to see a link between this and event booking e.g block someone from booking an event unless they have an active membership. That would be a cool feature.

10. For someone with multiple memberships, it would be nice to have a custom field which allows the membership view in users account to clearly show which extra info (custom text).

For the money, this is an excellent piece of software and better than RS membership. I would just like to see a few tweaks and for the record, I'd pay more to see it evolve into this.. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: x-bit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.