Joomla Group Setting

More
10 years 11 months ago #29992 by MR
Joomla Group Setting was created by MR
Hi, In the Joomla Group Setting tab I see two options. The descriptions for those are as follows;

Assign to Joomla Groups
Choose the groups you want to assign users to when they subscribe to this subscription plan

Remove from Joomla Groups
Choose the groups you want to remove users from when their subscription for this plan expired

I dont understand the second point "Remove from Joomla Groups". Wouldn't it be the same group that the first option used. I guess, the second option should say that what is the fail-over group. It means, when user's subscription is expired which group it should go back.

Please explain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #30006 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Joomla Group Setting
Hi

You should choose the same group which you choose for "Assign to Joomla Groups". Basically, when you subscribe for the plans, you will be assigned to the group which you choose in "Assign to Joomla Groups". When your subscription for the plans expired, you should be removed from these groups (the groups which you assigned when you signed up).

Does it make sense ?

Tuan

More
10 years 11 months ago #30024 by MR
Replied by MR on topic Re: Joomla Group Setting
Thanks. It make sense. However, which group it will fall back after the subscription expire? You might have this already but I think there should be an option to set the fall back group so that we can have custom setting for the fall back group.

Please let me know.

More
10 years 11 months ago #30160 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Joomla Group Setting
At the moment, the system has no Fallback group settings. So let me explain how it works at the moment :

1. By default, users will be assigned to Registered group .

2. When you subscribe for a plan, you will be assigned to a group (or groups) which admin setup (for example, Gold Customers). And now, you will be long to both Registered and Gold Customers group

3. When your subscription for the plan expired, you will be removed from Gold Customer Group. And now, you will only be long to Registered group.

Hope my explanation is clear to you

Regards,

Tuan