Restrict content and file acces for Membership Pro

• Web Designer
  • Topic Author
  • Creative Director
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #21235 by Web Designer
I used this compoment. its good. but have some features need consider.

Restrict content and file access: This function is needed.

ex: I create a menu call "Premium Download" use jdownload compoment to manager file. How to restrict access for that menu? When user click on that menu. he will direct to Subscription Form?

I think in Plan Management (backend) need add a tab call Restrict content and file access at which I can choose restrict access for menu "Premium Download" When guest or user registed ( not subscriber ) access that menu will direct to a link (i setup in backend. ex: Subscription Form link). If subscriber access that menu he can download file.

I see in backend have Urls Access Settings tab but it work not good. When I enter url. ex: mysite.com/download. All user ( guest + regised + subscriber ) can access it.

I used Membership Pro version 1.5.0 + JL 2.5

If this compoment work good on K2, jdownload... will be great.

Rgds,
Minh Thong.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Web Designer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #21303 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Restrict content and file acces for Membership Pro
Hi Thong

I think we can use different solution (works with any Joomla extensions which support Joomla core ACL). Basically, the solution is as follow :

1. You can publish the OS Membership Groups plugin .

2. Create a new Joomla Group, for example, Subscriber group .

3. Create a new access level called Subscriber, choose Subscriber group for this access level.

4. Edit the subscription plan, look at the OS Membership Groups plugin, set up it so that when users subscribe to the plan, they will be assigned to the Subscriber group .

5. Edit the resources you want to restrict access to subscribers, set access attribute to Subscriber.

By doing that, only subscribers can access to these restricted resources.

Hope my answers/solution is clear to you. If you have questions, don't hesitate to contact me for support !

Tuan

• Web Designer
  • Topic Author
  • Creative Director
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #21307 by Web Designer
Hi Tuan! Thank for your answer.

I know your solution and apply it before. but:

1. I can't use it with jdownload compoment. its good compoment to manager file download ( i see it not support ACL ). So, how i can use Membership Pro with jdownload?

2. I created 1 menu call "Premium Download". If apply ur solution. Only subscribers can see that menu. I want all user can see that menu. and when a guest or a user registed click on that menu. he will dircect to SUBSCRIBE PLAN. you can see ex at link: www.leotheme.com/joomla/membership.html ( guest can access that menu and when he lick "Joomla Templates Membership" he will dircect to SUBSCRIBE PLAN.

3. Urls Access Settings in backend work not good. can you check it?

Thong.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Web Designer.

More
11 years 6 months ago #21339 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Restrict content and file acces for Membership Pro
Hi Thong

From what you described, I think you can use OS Membership URLs plugin to restrict access to that URL. You said it doesn't work, could you please explain more detail ? What you entered into the URLs setting tabs ?

Tuan

More
11 years 6 months ago #21340 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
BTW, do you have a Skype account ? If you have one, please add me to your contact list so that we can discuss about it. My Skype nick name is tuanpnves

Tuan

More
10 years 8 months ago #35476 by Fabian Bueno
I have the same problem, using Urls plugin, no mater I enter mysite.com/index.php/foro/categorias or /foro/categorias it does not work, how should I enter the urls?

More
10 years 8 months ago #35497 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Fabian

You can use mysite.com/index.php/foro/categorias and it should work well. If it doesn't work, maybe something special on your site causing the issue.

Please submit a support ticket sending us admin and FTP account of your site so that I can check and solve it for you !

Regards,

Tuan