How to set the no. days before reminder is sent?

• simonl
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #17542 by simonl
In configuration it is possible to set the email message that goes out AFTER the expiry date but there does not seem to be a place to set when each reminder is sent out. When are these messages sent?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 8 months ago #17689 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: How to set the no. days before reminder is sent?
Hi

First of all, the reminder emails will be sent BEFORE not AFTER the subscription expired (so that users will know about the expired and renew his subscription).

When you create/edit a subscription plan, there are two options :

Send First Reminder X days before subscription expried

Send Second Reminder Y days before subscription expried

That's the place where you setup when the reminder is sent. Is it clear ?

Tuan

More
10 years 11 months ago #29943 by Stefano Bettega
Replied by Stefano Bettega on topic Re: How to set the no. days before reminder is sent?
Hi Tuan,

I was wondering if it could be possible to have reminder email also mailed to another fixed or configurable address (or more than one, that could be great). This way the reminder could be read also by an administrator and/or a manager, to check if reminder works and what user receive (I'm using the manual subscription mode you inserted upon my request).

Is there any way to check if reminder works, but creating a fake user to test this function?

And what about a "test send" to view in some way the email a subscriptor can receive upon expiration approaching (or any other message)?

Thanks in advance and regards
Stefano

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 11 months ago #29968 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: How to set the no. days before reminder is sent?
Hi Stefano

At the moment, the extension doesn't have a test function to test the reminder. So yes, to make sure the reminder works properly, you will need to create a test subscriber as you mentioned. I will consider adding support for "send test email" feature in the future release.

Regards,

Tuan

More
10 years 11 months ago #29981 by Stefano Bettega
Replied by Stefano Bettega on topic Re: How to set the no. days before reminder is sent?
Thanks for your answer, Tuan.
And what about having the message sent to more than one address?
Thanks
Stefano

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 11 months ago #30002 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Stefano

I think I won't add support for this feature. Having the send test email feature is enough already. Don't want to implement the sent to more than one address because It will increase the number of emails the server has to send. It is not good, I think.

Tuan

More
10 years 11 months ago #30178 by Stefano Bettega
Hi Tuan,
I partially agree with your objection: this feautre could be easily disabled not inserting the alternate addresses. But it can be usefull as a backup option for users that could have some trouble with emails. Let's say, for instance, that a user misses the reminder email for any reason: his subscription expires and he/she cannot not log on, thinking there is a problem on the web site.

Having the reminder sent to another email (that can also be a server local email, so no external traffic is generated), can help to solve this problem. Marketing or subscription administrators can contact user to inquire about expiring subscription plan, and also offer a subscription renewal (keep in mind I'm using the manual subscription and not automatic plan subscription&renewal).

I think that even a single blind copy message can be sufficient to our needs. What do you think? Let's see if any other user has a similar problem.

Thanks and good work,
Stefano