Digital Membership Card?

• Meryl Davis
  • Topic Author
More
1 week 4 days ago #166341 by Meryl Davis
Digital Membership Card? was created by Meryl Davis
Hello Tuan,

Hoping you can help!  Many of our members require a digital membership card that they can download into their Google or Apple Wallets.  The printable PDF's just aren't convenient at all.  I'm experiencing extreme pressure now for the feature - they've been asking for a few years now and I'm not really competent enough to attempt to DIY.

Is there any hope that on the near horizon that we might get an integrated digital member card? Alternatively, are there any extensions that facilitate this?

Membership Pro does everything else we need except the digital cards, but unfortunately it's important enough that we might end up having to looking elsewhere. 

Thanks,
Meryl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 week 3 days ago #166354 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Digital Membership Card?
Hi Meryl

To be honest, I don't understand exactly how it should work or what needs to be implemented to support that.

Do you have any kind of documentation available ?

Tuan

More
1 day 23 minutes ago #166560 by Chris Jarvis
Replied by Chris Jarvis on topic Digital Membership Card?
Hi Meryl

I have just come across this topic reading through the forum.
We are looking at moving to digital membership cards for our members too using apple and google wallets.
I think there is another thread out there where customers of Tuan and Joom Donation have wanted to head in this direction too.
We are not planning on stopping using Membership Pro as it is just too good for us and we love everything about it.
Next week we are starting a free trial with a company called PassKit ( passkit.com/ ) where we can export our member lists each month into excel spreadsheets and upload them to the Passkit software and it will provide each member with their own digital card in their phone wallets.
We think that once a membership date from Membership Pro is expired, their wallet card will become expired too.
There is a small fee per member with Passkit of course but what we have talked with them about, it looks good and will save us a heap of time in producing cards, posting them out and then worrying about faked or expired membership cards in the future.
Have a look at what they offer and I will gladly post an update in a couple of weeks if you want to know how we are going.

The way the data is stored in Membership Pro makes it really easy to export the info each month we think - hope.

Thanks

Chris

More
1 day 18 minutes ago #166561 by Chris Jarvis
Replied by Chris Jarvis on topic Digital Membership Card?
Hi again

I just found the other thread that I remember this being discussed in.

joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pro-fe...-android.html#157703

A few of us users had loved the possibility and someone had added resources and info on how the 2 wallets might work (apple and google).

I think the digital wallets is the way forward for membership cards now and it would be great to have an option with Membership Pro but we are going to trial an extra step with the people at Passkit and I will let you know how we find them.

Thanks again