Ecommerce Analytics to support GTM Data Layer

• RCheesley
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #100341 by RCheesley
Hi folks,

It would be helpful if there was an option to enable pushing ecommerce data into the data layer for google analytics via tag manager to capture.

support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6107169?hl=en

Ruth

Ruth Cheesley
Virya Group Ltd.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #101390 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Ecommerce Analytics to support GTM Data Layer
Hi Ruth

If I understand this requirement correctly, it is already supported. You can go to Membership Pro -> Configuration, there is a config option called Conversion tracking code

You can put the code you want there and it will be displayed on Subscription Complete page

You can use the tags like [TRANSACTION_ID], [TAX_AMOUNT], [GROSS_AMOUNT]... (all tags like that one you use on email messages) and it will be replaced with the value

Tuan

• RCheesley
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago #101393 by RCheesley
Replied by RCheesley on topic Ecommerce Analytics to support GTM Data Layer
Not quite what I am talking about (at least I don't think) but not far off - I'm talking about having this information pushed into the data layer at every stage of the process using the enhanced analytics tracking referenced in the article I linked to - but that is a starting point I guess!

Is there some documentation about what variables can be used and how they are output?

Ruth

Ruth Cheesley
Virya Group Ltd.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #133205 by Roland Stolte
Replied by Roland Stolte on topic Ecommerce Analytics to support GTM Data Layer
Hi Tuan,

I'm jumping in this old topic. I think it answers some of my questions. What I don't get is, what do I fill in under "Conversion Tracking Code". (In MSP -> Configuration) Should I add my analytics tracking code? (I already enabled E-commerce in the GA property) For example:

<!-- Global site tag (gtag.js) - Google Analytics -->
<script async src=" www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=UA-XXXXXX-XX ">
<script>
window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || [];
function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);}
gtag('js', new Date());

gtag('config', 'UA-XXXXXX-XX');
</script>

Or something different? The goal is that Google Analytics will show the value of the purchased items.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #133227 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Ecommerce Analytics to support GTM Data Layer
Hi Roland

I don't have experience with GTM , so I could not be sure. I only know that if you enter some code there, it will be included in subscription complete page (display to users after they complete the subscription process)

From what I see, it would work for your need

Tuan