• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #114377 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Membership Pro 2.14.0 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce next release of Membership Pro, version 2.14.0. Below are the list of changes/improvements:

1. Improve recurring subscription handling
- In this new version, I made many changes to the code to handle recurring subscription better (like the way data is stored, the way recurring subscription is extended, cancelling recurring subscription....). If you use PayPal and Authorize.net, you just need to update the extension to this latest version. If you use Stripe, Mollie or PayPal Pro, you should access to My Downloads menu item, download latest version of these payment plugins and update to your site.

2. Support server validation for custom fields

- In older version of Membership Pro, you can only validate data of custom fields using client validation membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/basic-...eld-data-client-side . From this version, you can also validate data using server validation, see membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/basic-...eld-data-server-side . For example, you can now easily validate and make sure users is greater than 18 years old to be allowed to register on your site using age validation rule (see documentation for all rules you can use)

3. Support more custom field types:

- In this version, we added support for some new HTML 5 custom field types: Url, Number, Range, Telephone.

4. GDPR improvement

- Beside selecting an article, you can now entering an URL for Privacy URL. With that change, you can use a K2 item or a page built by page builder extension for Privacy Policy Page if needed
- Minor change to the GDPR layout, move checkbox to the right to be consistent with terms and conditions

5. Improve Mailchimp plugin
- Use latest Mailchimp API (version 3)
- Add option to remove subscribers from mailing list when their subscription expired

6. Improve ACYMailing plugin
- Use ACYMailing API to subscribe, unsubscribe subscribers to mail list list instead insert data into database directly like in older version. That help the plugin respect ACYMailing settings like Double opt-in....

7. Start implement subscription API

- This is useful for developer who wants to integrate their system (could be third party extension or even someone built mobile APP). You can now use API provided by the extension to add/update subscriptions into the system, renew subscription, get list of active subscription plans of a given user, get details information of a subscription....

You can call these API by both PHP code or via post/get requests. I will provide document for this a bit later

Beside that, I also improve code of the extension, make it easier to maintain and customize when it's needed

Please update your site to this latest version of the extension (and payment plugins if needed) to have most stable version running on your site and use these new improvements.

Thanks for continue using our product and support our development

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alison, Robert Vining, Alan Henness, Vaconi, Stefan Poensgen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #114388 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Membership Pro 2.14.0 released
Under #1 above, you state the newest version of the Stripe plugin for e.g. I have downloaded and installed it from my downloads but it's still showing as version 2.12.0 - is this indeed the latest version Tuan, as that was the version I had installed previous to today?

Regards,

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 10 months ago #114401 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro 2.14.0 released
Yes, it's latest version. I didn't change version of the payment plugin, sorry

Tuan

More
5 years 10 months ago #114410 by Alan Henness
Replied by Alan Henness on topic Membership Pro 2.14.0 released
Great - looking forward to trying this new version out.

Can the Valitron Validation be used to format fields, eg making a field all uppercase and return that as the value of the function?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 10 months ago #114426 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Alan

No, it doesn't support it. However, I can see the need for this option, so I will find a way to support it in the future

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Henness

More
5 years 10 months ago #114490 by Mark Skillin
Replied by Mark Skillin on topic Membership Pro 2.14.0 released
Hi Tuan,
Is anybody else having trouble with the paypal IPN's after this latest release. I have had 3 recurring subscription renewals over the last 2 days which have not updated. I have checked and the IPN's have been sent.
Cheers
Mark

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 10 months ago #114497 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Mark

I tested it myself before making the release and it's working fine. Also, no one reported the issue like that, so maybe it causes by something else

Could you please edit os_paypal payment plugin, set Log IPN Messages parameter to Yes, then monitor the next recurring payment. If the error happens again, submit a support ticket so that I can check the logs to see why the issue happens and get it sorted

Tuan

More
5 years 10 months ago #114502 by Chris Tai
Replied by Chris Tai on topic Membership Pro 2.14.0 released
Hi Tuan,

I have the same IPN issue as Mark. In the previous release, there is an option to use "old IPN" / "legacy IPN" in paypal plugin but now the option is gone. in the old day, I have to use the legacy IPN to make the Paypal IPN work ... but now ... IPN sent and the system cannot update the membership status.

Thanks

Chris

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #114503 by Mark Skillin
Replied by Mark Skillin on topic Membership Pro 2.14.0 released
It already set to yes. I will start a ticket.
Cheers
Mark
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Mark Skillin.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 10 months ago #114505 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Chris

We could not rely on old IPN code anymore. The reason is because PayPal will stop allowing that old IPN code from 30 June (so the end of this month)

So in your case, you should contact your hosting provider, ask them to check and make sure :

1. Curl library is enabled on your hosting account
2. The server is ready for TLS 1.2

Then Membership Pro will work well

Regards,

Tuan